Today was a big day in my little garden.
I picked up more soil and a buttload of 1 gallon pots on my way home from work, and finally potted up my plants! A good chunk of them were on the verge of becoming root bound, so I’m glad I didn’t wait much longer. I decided to mix in a bag of perlite with my soil in an attempt to improve aeration. Hopefully these little guys transition smoothly – it’s starting to look like a real garden now!
I ended up culling a lot of the weaker plants, in order to make room for the strong ones. I also had to pick and choose which varieties I wanted to keep more of, and I think I ended up with a good mix. As I continue to pot these plants up, I’ll likely have to get rid of a few more in order to maintain room in the tent. As the coco plants are still a ways behind, I have left them in their cups for now. It’s great to see that they are making progress though! It looks like I still have 1 basil survivor in coco, which is awesome.
I ended up keeping 1 of the little pepper plants (a 7 Pot Bubblegum Red) in the tent and sent 1 Chocolate Brainstrain to each of my space buckets. Stay tuned this week, as I’ll be updating that grow as well.
Before the Move
I love potting up plants, because it gives you the chance to get a good look at the roots and get a feel for how the different types of plants are doing. My plants seem to be doing great. The roots are pretty dense and are all a nice white color. Even the plants with the most roots (tomatoes, lettuce) were just starting to get root-bound, and had not wrapped around the cup too much.
The new soil plant totals are:
1x Billy the Rosemary
1x Basil (godspeed, little fella)
Finally, enjoy a bonus video of Casey trying to squeak her god-forsaken little football that no longer squeaks, THANK GOD.
See you next week!