5x10x7.5, how many plants would you grow?

'Nuff said.
Shawnery
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

5x10x7.5, how many plants would you grow?

Post by Shawnery » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:40 pm

Let me set this up perfectly so there's no guessing or adding unneeded info.

1. 5x10x7.5 grow tent.
2. This fixture, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=294
3. RDWC.
4. 2 feet of length used for supplies, inly using 5x8x7.5 for cannabis.
5. Strain will be a sativa dominant hybrid.

I'm not interested in any of the following so please don't waste either of our time with them. I'm not using the sog or scrog methods.

I'm driving between these two options below and nothing else!

I want to either run 3 rows of 4 plants or 2 rows of 4 plants. You can theoretically run each plant in 1 sqft of space but that must be so tight. If i run them 3x4 then each plant will have roughly 1.5 sqft per plant. If I run them at 2x4 then each plant will get roughly 2.5 sqft per plant.

Then the question is to top, LST, Mainline, train or go the natural route. Personally i leaning towards topping or mainling and going 2x4. I honestly believe ill get bigger better buds with training them with more sqft. Plus the added benefit of better access to the needs of my grow all around.

So, what do you think, give me the 411!!

Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Re: 5x10x7.5, how many plants would you grow?

Post by Ted » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Its a good problem to have 8-) . Growing with DWC is like driving around with a dragster, really shortens your veg period and produces huge flowers. Because of that I would go 4x2 and grow 4-5’ tall beasts and let them soak up the extra real estate. Also the extra real estate is helpful to get in and around your plants because you really have to be on your game with DWC, as things can go south quickly.

Shawnery
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Post by Shawnery » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:30 pm

I agree on all accounts whole heartedly.

I have a broken back and on my first grow, started 5 months ago and finished, I did s scrog. The room was 5x5 and I basically used the entire space. I wasn't able to properly maintain the foliage at the net. I just wasn't physically up to and the space was challenged. I got great bud but it greatly under produced do to many issues that all arose from my inability to upkeep the space.

I'm thinking I'll let them get to 3' and then flip them. Hopefully end up around 6' tall and 2.5' wide with 8 main colas.

And so the journey begins in days!

LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by LEDG » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Shawnery wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:30 pm

I have a broken back and on my first grow, started 5 months ago and finished, I did s scrog. The room was 5x5 and I basically used the entire space. I wasn't able to properly maintain the foliage at the net. I just wasn't physically up to and the space was challenged. I got great bud but it greatly under produced do to many issues that all arose from my inability to upkeep the space.

I'm thinking I'll let them get to 3' and then flip them. Hopefully end up around 6' tall and 2.5' wide with 8 main colas.

You must be pumped! Best of luck.

Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Post by Ted » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:15 am

Shawnery wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:30 pm

scrogs are alot of work, but they are effective. I did a scrog in my first run and I found it to be tedious. Growing big plants is where its at, and DWC gives you giant roots to power a big plant. Im looking forward to your progress. By the way, which strain are you growing?

Shawnery
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Post by Shawnery » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Black Diamond and Platinum Kush

Although I do love my Blue Dream from my first grow

Clones

Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Post by Pebadee » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:43 am

How do you plan on the rdwc set up? What type of containers and plumbing? Will you have a center Rez? Will each container house its own air stone? Sorry, so many questions but I’m planning one out in a few runs. Good luck to ya!

Shawnery
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Post by Shawnery » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:47 pm

9x5 gallon silver buckets.

1 x reservoir with air stone and water pump.
8 x plant with air stone.
1/2 inch black tubing connecting buckets on bottom.
1/8 inch tubing coming from water pump in res to top of plant buckets.

Never mind the extra black line going no where.
Attachments
20180101_190953~2.jpg
20180101_190953~2.jpg (850.56 KiB) Viewed 35 times