The Mean Well HLG line is the undisputed king of drivers in the DIY LED grow light world. The goal for this series of videos is to provide a complete breakdown of everything you need to know about them, whether you’re totally new to DIY LED, or a seasoned vet. We’ll be covering:
- Constant current vs. constant voltage and the pros and cons of each
- Series and parallel wiring, and when you might need to use each type
- A-type vs. B-type drivers and some considerations you’ll need to make when picking between them
- Dimming single and multiple drivers
- Reading the data sheets and applying the important specifications
- Matching any LED to a CC and CV driver
Part 1 of this series provides an overview on the different types of drivers within the HLG line and focuses on constant current models and series wiring.