Help with Troubleshooting Vero 29 Fixture

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi-

In recently built a Vero 29, 9 light fixture with 3 lights per dimmable HLG driver. Lights are wired in series. In testing, everything worked. When I hung the fixture something must have happened. On of the rails (3 lights, one driver) is not powering up when I plug it in. I have rewired the series, still no luck. Any hints people can give on how to troubleshoot this to see where the problem lies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

What driver are you using per run of 3? Are you using holders? If so, is it possible the cob isn't seated correctly on the holder?
Cheers!
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Also you stated they are dimmable drivers. Are the dimming leads shorted together? That will cause the lights not to come on.
Cheers!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I am using Meanwell 480 powering 3 Vero 29. The dimming leads aren’t shorted together. It was working before I hung, so that is what is confusing. Could I use a digital multimeter to test if power is coming from the driver? I have one, but have never used it.
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Can you be more specific with the driver? I believe the only one that would get you to the rated watts is the 480h-42 and still supply the necessary voltage.
Cheers!
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

What I mean is, If you are using the 480h-36, there is a good chance you are slightly over voltage and would need to dim them slightly
Cheers!
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yes, you can check voltage with a multimeter. But I'd like to know the specific driver as a constant current driver will likely have 400+ volts and over an amp of current.
Cheers!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I was mistaken. Drivers are 320H-C1400B.
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

You can check the driver by disconnecting it from the series, hook up your multimeter leads to the output leads on your driver. Then plug in your driver into the wall. You should see 234v open current.
Cheers!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks @whiterecluse. Ill give that a try tonight.