Help with Troubleshooting Vero 29 Fixture

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

No problem. One thing that stands out in that configuration is the minimum voltage for the driver. The datasheet Puts it at 114v minimum. I don't have access to all my old spreadsheets at the moment but if I remember correctly they (Vero 29's) operate at around 36v. That would put you below the minimum and could be part of the issue. Ill try and find out that info or maybe someone can chime in with forward voltage at that current.
Cheers!
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

The SE's were 36v, the version 7's were ~69v. Are you using the version 7's?
Cheers!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I am using the version 7's. I also tested out the driver, and it is definitely operating.
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

So you are seeing 234v at open current? Are you using holders on the heatsink? At this point I would suggest disassembly and reassembly. Making sure wire ends are the correct length for holders, the cobs are situated correctly within the holders and and cobs are seated flush on the heatsinks.
Cheers!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yep 234v. Ok good suggestion. I’ll take it down and rewire. It’s too difficult to try to figure it out while hanging. Thanks for all of your help👍
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Let me know how it goes
Cheers!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I think the problem is the molex ez connectors. I get them to work before attaching to heat sinks, after attaching the problems start and I have had the wire on a brunch break. Very frustrating. I don’t know what else to do but just order tons of them and keep trying.
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Weird, you could always solder wires directly on the cob. I realize you were probably trying to avoid this with the pico ezmates. These are some of the easiest cobs to solder though.
Cheers!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Since I’m a newbie I was avoiding soldiering, however I think you are right. I’m a quick learner so it’s worth a try. The frustration with the ez connectors is killing me! Thanks for the tip. I thought you could only use the ez connect. Hopefully my next post is a positive one
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Don't try to solder at the ez connector on the cobm. Use the larger surface + and - posts on the other side. The top of the attached picture.
Attachments
MFG_Gen-7-Vero-29-Array.JPG
Cheers!