100W CLU048 LED grow light - project

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Galadhen
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello.
I would like to build a small led panel for growing (0.24 m2). I assumed that the panel should have about 100 W. I chose the following solution:
2 x CLU048-1212C303H5F or 2 x CLU048-1212C303M2F
Because I would like to run them at 1400 mA, I chose the HLG-120h-1400 power supply.
I wonder if it is possible to choose such a heat sink so that I don't have to install active cooling?
Are my hypotheses correct?

The second issue is the ability to expand the panel by a few LEDs such as cree red for greater flowering efficiency. Then I guess you would have to add a separate power supply?

I would be grateful for any comments
Breed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I threw together a little light for my 2x4 tent with the same cobs and drivers. I ran three cobs to each driver though. I took apart a couple of cheap blurple lights and used the heat sinks out of them--not very big. With the aluminum frame and small heat sinks I got away with no active cooling--drivers were on the outside of the tent. I needed light quick so kind of threw this one together (I am not too good at it either). Not sure what your growing but from what I understand with cobs you should at least have 35w sq ft. for smoke. Not sure if you were getting the b driver but I think you will need a potentiometer and another cob but still then would be short on light.
I think I asked the same questions about reds on here for flowering so hope you hear something. I run my little flower initiator while lights on--not sure if im doing anything... Good luck
Attachments
IMG_1543.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg
Galadhen
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Nice buds. I'm also trying to achieve buds like yours.
About the COB lights. 35 W sq ft is about 97 W on 0,25 sq m. So i think 100 W will be enough.
I still do not know how to choose diodes. I read here that even CLU 048 1818 can operate individually at 110 W, although it has a maximum of about 250 W. I also consider making a panel with red and blue LEDs.

How many W do you have on sq ft?
Breed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I pull right at 280W from the wall with the drivers maxed. This is my second grow with cobs and I am very happy.
I cant even convert ft to m with google...so you were right on light. Even if you go with two cobs I would still add a pot so as not to run them full all the time. All those videos I watched on you tube say you get better light running them softer.
Good luck on your build and if you get the red and blue thing figured out please post because I would love to see it.