Help hacking a perfect sun COB / optic 6

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that donโ€™t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I was looking thru that list and remembered one way that was easy to do and use reflectors and and holder..

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/6152473
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/6152463
3 3000k 90cri chips.. 3 4000k 80cri chips.. the V 18 is the same exact size as the 2520( 24mm to 23.8something mm ) with the same V and ma(test current was 1.17 your running 1.2) and the holds to mount and the les( light emitting surface) is roughly the same

9 something a chip plus a good amount of thermal paste ( that's normally one thing they skimp on and causes stuff to burn out) isn't to bad for a quick chip flip that you know what's in it..
TiJay
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Seeing you paid in AUD maybe www.cutter.com.au is an interesting site.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

TiJay wrote: โ†‘
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 am
Seeing you paid in AUD maybe www.cutter.com.au is an interesting site.
nice.. I didn't catch the AUD ๐Ÿ˜ I agree try cutter!!!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote: โ†‘
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:29 pm
bah I hit the back button just as I was finishing typing!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ stupid giant fingers on a tiny tablet!

first off...great info and pictures.. you got what we needed ๐Ÿ˜. yes more than likely it's 1 driver per cob and 1 driver per epistar cluster ( 2.5v ish x 16=40v) with the smaller two for the fans.. and as LG said the range is great for 36v cob options( there's a bunch) we normally say 36v cobs at 1400ma = 50watts ( V x A = W 36x1.4=50.4) so your right were they need to be for driver power.

you might have to take out the heat sinks to clean them off.. ( It can be easy or hard depending on how much stuff is in the way.. you might get lucky and can leave them.. or you might have to gut everything to get them out)

I can't tell what chip that is in there... real Cree cobs have the model number opposite of where It says Cree.. to blurry for me to read.

keep asking questions.. it's why we are here ๐Ÿ˜ my other post before I back buttoned it was longer but I can't remember what else I typed 45 mins ago ๐Ÿ˜„ stoner memory..

on this link should be 95+% of the cobs that will fit your drivers from Cree... bridgelux(Veros)...Citizen and luminus.. I did a search of 31-38volts and max current of 1.6-3amp( basically everything that would run 75% of max power on your 1200ma.... down to maybe 30% of the 3 amp max cobs) with 80/90cri and 3000k 3500k and 4000k CCT. when sorting thru I would look for highest lum per watt for the lowest price ๐Ÿ˜ and this is just one place to buy parts... there's a good list in the general tab under where to buy parts ๐Ÿ˜

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/opt ... ageSize=25

cheers
Beauty
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Ls_Ls
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you so much to everyone in this thread.

Not only did you help, you quickly gave me Multiple options and explained everything so clearly I think I understand a lot more now.

You guys are awesome.

I'm glad there is a forum with such knowledge and willingness to help that I can be apart of.

I'll keep you posted when I buy and install the new chips.

It looks like there room for a bigger LES in the optic, so I think my options are larger than I first thought.

Thanks again.

Ls_LS
fdashty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Anyone know how those drivers are all wired together? I build computers not lights. That's changing though :)
I'm assuming it's similar in that they're all drawing from a single power supply like a 400, 600, 750 watt box etc. Anyone know for certain?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

The input of each one of those things takes 120VAC so I would assume theyโ€™re all tied into the input that comes in from the wall
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!