8 x 4 space - Looking to replace 4 x 315w CMH

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

:roll: :D

Thanks mate. I'll update with some pictures now it's all finished and set up.

If anyone knows what sort of volt meters I should get so I can see what the watt / amp / volts the cobs are using as I'm going to be using potentiometers to dimm. Do I get the a.c. or dc versions ?

::: edit :::

Actually I think I found my answer while looking through an article on here, I think I need s DC meter right ?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

They will pretty much all do both AC and DC. DC is most important though since that's what the output side runs.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:32 pm
They will pretty much all do both AC and DC. DC is most important though since that's what the output side runs.
which would be the easiest to wire up if my drivers, pots, and meters are in the tent ?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Huktonponics wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:34 pm
LEDG wrote:
which would be the easiest to wire up if my drivers, pots, and meters are in the tent ?
Sorry, I don’t quite follow. What do you mean?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:39 pm
Huktonponics wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:34 pm
LEDG wrote:
Sorry, I don’t quite follow. What do you mean?

Apologies, I malfunctioned there for a minute, I get it now. Found a sketch someone drew up regarding the wiring :lol: The DC side will tie into the output from the driver. Still learning this shit :mrgreen:

LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That is beautiful! Do the corner braces make it somewhat rigid?

Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:42 pm
That is beautiful! Do the corner braces make it somewhat rigid?
Yea a bit. It was pretty rigid, but as the rails go one way it meant that it flexed a bit more than the other way, and I put them in for the eye hooks also. There are 2 arrays aswell.
Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Here they are over the girls. 4 x Black Cherry Punch by Inhouse Genetics, 3 x Gelato's by an unknown breeder ( bagseeds lol ), 3 x Double Agent ( OOKB x Silky Johnson ) by Inhouse Genetics.

The Double Agent is a Reg, so im keeping a close eye on them aswell as the gello for any signss of nut sackage ! Flipped them yesterday and im running the cobs at about 60% ( guesstimate ).

Ignore the bare Potentiometers, im waiting on my hobby boxes and meters. I installed the 50k potentiometers since this picture so its 1 pot per aray.
Alvy4life
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey can u tell me where I get all the stuff to build these too I’m in Canada I really like this setup I am brand new to these cob lights how much watts do both lights use and can u tell me how much it will roughly cost to build it all
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Alvy4life wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:39 pm
Hey can u tell me where I get all the stuff to build these too I’m in Canada I really like this setup I am brand new to these cob lights how much watts do both lights use and can u tell me how much it will roughly cost to build it all
haha 😁 I see you Mr Brad Bey ( as bingus would say) or was it Barbie? 😁 sorry I had too...

sorry I just threw this in here...had to say hi to another GML fan 😁 where did you get most of your supplies up north hulk? awesome job by the way 😁