need advice for a diy 2x3 grow tent build

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
HabbaKavula420
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

this is my first time building my own grow light. I want to light a 2x3 foot canopy to both veg and flower autoflower strains. may try full photo plants later if height will allow it(tent will be 24 inched deep 36 inches wide and 60 inches tall) I've studied alot, but it only led me to more options than i was prepared for lol. Now Im stuck between deciding between either Quantum boards from hlg or make my own lights with citizen clu's or vero 18's or 29's or what. i was kinding thinking lately that i would get some cheap cluo48-1212 90cri gen5 at 4000k cuz they are only 9 bucks a piece at the site im looking at. I was thinking 6 of them spaced out to the center of each square foot of my 2x3 and running them at 50w. Then getting some supplemental lighting, would love some advice on that as well as any advice on uv's and infrared and how much to use and how....any advice would be welcome really lol
violenzo
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi, for what i've learned:

30 w for square foot is a good deal

citizen gen 6 90 cri: for autos 3500k or 3000k, better 3000k, 4000k is for veg.

I suggest to grow photo, with lst you can destroy the yeild of an auto. More life for your driver and cobs also.