Single cob build to replace 250w hps

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

There is also this place. They do list Israel as a shipping country... Not sure if they really do. Good assortment of QB kits.

https://growerslights.com/collections/h ... d-led-kits
Yanomami
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Duvdev wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:15 pm
Hi everyone,
After 15 years of growing under hps i'm thinking about catching up with technology and swiching to cob. i'm aiming to find a suitble replacment (ppfd wise) that will be more eficiente and decrease power consumption and heat whithout crossing the 100$ limit.
My thoughts after a little bit of reserch:
Single cob builed
Luminus cxm 32 35 80 54 cob
Lpc 150 1750 to drive it
Whith active heatsink and 80deg lense.

Sounds reasonable to anyone?

I appologise for the horrible english...please try to look beond...

Thanks...
Did you ever finish your build?

I am in the same boat as you. I want to replicate as much as possible the Migro light system as I think it is great.
Here as the specs of the MIGRO 100 system I have been able to gather so far:

Heatsink: custom made so good luck finding that. Guess I will need to find some common 140mm pin heatsink.

Hanger: custom made. It's a 2020-2SA aluminum profile bent. That could be easily done. Can be useful if you want 4 lights of course but not strictly necessary.

Driver: made to custom specs. Mean Well has an equivalent driver. It's the ELG-100-48 (24V-48V @ 2A)

COB: CXM-32-35-80-54-AC30-F4-3 - https://download.luminus.com/datasheets ... asheet.pdf - That's a 54v COB not 72v as mentioned earlier by another post. The Migro seems to run it at 48v since the driver output max is 48v.

Lens: borosilicate 90 degree lens with diffuser. I found a supplier and actually bought 4 already. 4.5USD a piece.

The rest: waterproof plugs, ratchet rope can be found online easily.