Spider COB- Self Modification

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Greenmoss1310 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:02 am
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Based on these I would be loosing some wattage Power. How many watts of COB would be ideal for a 4x4 tent?
I'd go no less than 600W in a 4x4.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

After looking at my configuration, I think Y want to try to replace all drivers and lights to get more power, but use as much as my framework as possible. I'd like to get 900 watts out of the the 2 fixtures, 8 chips total, probably using Vero 29 ver 7D, but appreciate any other suggestions. Is this workable?

If so I guess I would need to see if paired drivers would fit in the fixture, and arrange to secure the drivers down. I probably need to check the size of the chips compared to what is in there. what other things do I need to look into to see if I can use existing materials in the fixtures. Thanks,
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Greenmoss1310 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:23 pm
After looking at my configuration, I think Y want to try to replace all drivers and lights to get more power, but use as much as my framework as possible. I'd like to get 900 watts out of the the 2 fixtures, 8 chips total, probably using Vero 29 ver 7D, but appreciate any other suggestions. Is this workable?

If so I guess I would need to see if paired drivers would fit in the fixture, and arrange to secure the drivers down. I probably need to check the size of the chips compared to what is in there. what other things do I need to look into to see if I can use existing materials in the fixtures? Thanks,
I would first decide which Cobs you want to get, I dont know if sizing really matters, as you can always make the holes bigger. Then match the drivers to your Cobs.

For that sort of output, youre probably going to be looking at the Vero 29 Gen 7s. I dont know how much of the existing structure you can repurpose, but I guess we'll find out.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

If you’ve moved on from the drivers and COBs, you might be limiting yourself by trying to salvage the enclosure (I can’t imagine the heatsinks are very desirable anyway)... if you’re going to utilize passive cooling, an “open” fixture might be what you want.
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

bolt, sorry for my ignorance, but what is an open fixture?