CXM22 Build Help

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Shamz
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi,

Would the below build work with one cob on one driver?

[li]https://www.digikey.co.za/product-detai ... ND/5597300[/li]

[li]https://www.digikey.co.za/product-detai ... ND/9839301[/li]
Sinfor
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

It will, little bit more than 70W with that driver.
Kiwi_Jezza
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

That driver is a high voltage version.

277-480V AC input. Not a real standard supply for most.

May not work for you.
2Monkees
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have a question, new here so there may be a better post to answer my question but this is the first I came across close to the topic. Just set up my first DIY COB
Using a mean well HLG-80H-C700A Driver to power 4 Luminus CXM 22 COB’s (2) 3500k and (2) 4000k. The question at hand is that 8 used a driver calculator to pick the driver: by putting on the # of COBS and type. Well now I wired these in series and they are pulling 50 watts total? The driver should be good for about 120+ I thought I tried adjusting the IO nob it does nothing. I just feel like 4 of these cobs should be pulling more than double this. But I’m new to this and could be wrong🤔. I appreciate any insight. Just don’t want to shortchanging myself or my plants😊

***So- I will answer my own question in part and for future seekers although this specific driver is a constant current the (80H) specifically denotes the total wattage it will put out regardless. I even tried wiring in two separate series, Using Wago connectors this did however up the voltage about 10 watts correcting voltage drop in the run. Also I was able to adjust (Dim) the build after this with the IO adjust after this.
So- maybe it was my fault when I entered the COBS into the calculator or. But the fact is this driver would be sufficient for two of these cobs. The fix I ordered the HLG-185H-C700A. 45 watts a cob should be more than sufficient!