wondering about Cob lighting and drivers and driverless

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Hobosnob
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I am new to the site and have some questions and know people here have more experience then me with Led systems they make them selfs. I was wondering If there is any Driverless cob chips out there that are good or are the main ones put out on ebay and other sites any good ? I'm looking to make my own Led High intensity grow lights for supplemental lighting in my orchid greenhouse in the winter ,here in nebraska . I was wondering are all the driverless 120 volt cob chips just Cr@p or are there any out there that are worth buying to grow with or is it better to buy a driver to match the system you build and just not even think of going that way of a driverless system ? If there is driverless cob chips worth buying can someone steer me in the the right direction or give me names of products or companies that make them or names of good drivers worth buying to run high output Cob chips and names of chips worth using . I'm looking to build a system for my greenhouse where i grow orchid species from around the world and one for indoors for my seedling and compots of orchids to get them growing well for a year or two before putting them in the greenhouse .
thank you .
Hobosnob
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Driverless COBs are not as reliable as standard DC cobs. They are also lacking in efficiency. Best to use an external driver, it is alot safer and better. Luminous devices have one of the best efficiency cobs around.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik