Just need input/suggestions

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Masssgasss_
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Plan to build this to throw in a 4x4. I’m really not familiar with which cobs are most efficient on the market.. . my idea/design is pretty much replicating the plc 6.2 to the best of my ability. Any kind of input or suggestion is appreciated
Attachments
3A17B105-F546-4176-B728-758F70050EB2.png
Kiwi_Jezza
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Maybe go 90cri 3000k instead of the 3500k for that extra red. Run them all off the one driver with a switch and the remaining 4000k's make a great vege light.

I also use a 4x4 and started with 6 cobs but modified the light to have 8 and now 9 cobs.
Seems to give a better spread. This will obviously add complexity and cost though, which is something to consider.

Either way, you're going to have a TON of light with 44w per square foot!!
Masssgasss_
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Cool thanks man I’ll look into the 90cris & yeah I really want 9 cobs but I’m limited and can only afford to build 6 right now😕 I’m hoping that the 44w/ft ends up giving me the results I’m looking for
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Are you in MA?

I've got 8 x Vero SE Ds - the 36V version. If you need some help getting started or even just want to see what X watts of top-bin LEDs look like in-person before taking a leap, I'd be happy to give you a demo.

Mine aren't as potent as the fixture you're proposing but, I'll bring the Kill-a-Watt... and you'll know right away when you see 600W on the meter and how ridiculous that amount of light is.

As long as your inside 495... :lol:

Also, I know I'm a broken record with this, but Citi COBs, for the price, cannot be beat. COBKITS.com, has the 1212 Gen 5 for like 9 bucks.

But in the higher-output range, the CLU048-1818 90CRI (more like $24) can be driven to ~250W and peaks at 630 and looks good thru 680, really.

Check that link... it's one of the things I really like about COBKITs... he's got exactly what we - at least what I want to see - all right there, at a glance. kid.

Let me know about that utha thing. :)
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...