LM301B board that we've been working on

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey all, I've been a long-time reader of the blog and forum, and I want to share an LM301B board we've been working on and possibly get a couple units into users' hands for some feedback.

The board is a 9" x 9" PCB with 288 Samsung LM301B (SK flux bin) diodes. Runs at 120W nominal. We also have a matching low-profile heatsink for it. As for sourcing the diodes (a contentious topic, it seems), we buy reels from an authorized Samsung distributor based in the US and send them to our PCB fab.

We just received the first articles and will have PPFD data soon. Also will be sending these out to an independent lab for testing.

I would love to hear your thoughts! I'll offer up a couple boards & heatsinks for people to evaluate. If you're interested and are an active member, let me know. Just looking for thoughtful feedback and to give back to the community that has taught us so much.
Attachments
IMG_4834B (Medium).jpg
IMG_4832B (Medium).jpg
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Really nice product, I like it. I came across your site just the other day actually, I was wondering how long you'd been around for.

Excellent square form factor, beats rectangles any day. Best of luck with business!
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Nice looking board. I would def be interested in this. I have a 2.5x2.5 tent I'm about to set up and grow some photos in I am always on this site helping out when I can. Do you have any spec sheets on this board?
NothinYet is my nickname
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Futuregrow wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:39 am
Really nice product, I like it. I came across your site just the other day actually, I was wondering how long you'd been around for.

Excellent square form factor, beats rectangles any day. Best of luck with business!
Thanks! We've officially been around for almost a year, though the development to get to this point has taken much longer.
sdfoster22 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:59 pm
Nice looking board. I would def be interested in this. I have a 2.5x2.5 tent I'm about to set up and grow some photos in I am always on this site helping out when I can. Do you have any spec sheets on this board?
Awesome, I'll shoot you a PM for the specifics, but I can send a unit over to you! Spec sheet will be available soon.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

atreum wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:04 pm
sdfoster22 wrote:
Awesome, I'll shoot you a PM for the specifics, but I can send a unit over to you! Spec sheet will be available soon.
Sounds like a plan. Let me know. I'll definitely post the results of the grow on here, riu, and afn! Just let me know!
NothinYet is my nickname
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:08 pm
atreum wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:04 pm
sdfoster22 wrote:
Sounds like a plan. Let me know. I'll definitely post the results of the grow on here, riu, and afn! Just let me know!
He helped me out in planning my build. So I'll say he's knowledgeable and probably deserves some good karma :) Look forward to seeing the results.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Thanks man! I really enjoy this stuff. It's addictive. Plus what goes around comes around, you know.
NothinYet is my nickname
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Cool looking board. I do like the squares. Great to see competition and options in the market for us. Just got a couple of the similar LM301B qb288 v2 setups from HLG for use in a big flower area. I have a 3x3 tester flower tent with 4 3500K cobs in the corners, I could throw one of these right in the middle. Could do some multimeter testing vs the HLG boards and maybe PAR testing if I go ahead and order the meter I've been thinking of.
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
mr blue
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I was a gent that passed on your offer but not because I was worried about your quality, I thought you were upfront and
offered good pricing, I just wanted the 301b's before you had them, will check with you for prices on these and can run a
side my side test in the winter with 3 of your boards against 3 of the hlg v2 288's. I think these 301b's would also be nice
in 2700k. Good luck.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

mr blue wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:43 pm
I think these 301b's would also be nice
in 2700k. Good luck.
Sadly Samsung doesn't make them in 2700 yet.
Edit: https://cdn.samsung.com/led/file/resour ... ev.3.2.pdf

I was wrong. They do. https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/e ... ND/7802618
I just hadn't seen anyone using them yet. :) Hooray for checking my work!