Atreum Lighting 288.2 Test Results

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hi everyone,

I've been on the road but finally got some time to do a little testing on this board. Overall, I'm impressed with it. The electrical and PPFD specs confirm that the diodes are legit LM301B and it's a nice compact little board/sink package.

I will jump right into it and add some more pictures of the board itself soon.

First, some temperature, voltage, and current testing. The current doesn't change much since the driver is maxed out, but the voltage and temp are worth having a look at. For temperature, there are 2 readings shown on the meter. The big number is the surface of the board and the smaller number is the reading I got from the top of the heat sink.

The driver used was a Mean Well HLG-120H-54A, as recommended by Atreum. I turned the pot all the way to max.

Here are the numbers after running for 1 minute:
Heat Voltage Current 1 Min.png
After 17 minutes:
Heat Voltage Current 17 Min.png
After 30 minutes:
Heat Voltage Current 30 Min.png
After an hour:
Heat Voltage Current 60 Min.png
And finally, after an hour and a half:
Heat Voltage Current 90 Min.png
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I did open air testing at 18" on the 288.2 and came up with these results:

288.2 OPEN.png

I'm also working on getting 2'x2' tent numbers today at 12", 18", and 24", and I'll share these in a subsequent post.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Alright, here are my numbers in a 2'x2' tent. I've found that it's very difficult to get tent numbers totally balanced since it doesn't take much to throw one side off vs. the other (e.g. - one side of the tent has a wrinkle in it or a zipper flap, etc.), so I have balanced a couple of the oddball numbers to compensate. For example - if one corner was reading 600 and the opposite corner was reading 500, I adjusted them to 560 and 540. The net PPFD is the same; I just redistributed it to eliminate a few outliers.

The light performed very nicely in a 2'x2' and I'd say 18" is the sweet spot.
2x2.png

atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG, thanks for the testing! I'm glad you found the board to perform well. If anyone has any questions, we are more than happy to help out.