"LM561C" Boards and Strips from Bright and thoughts on dealing with Shenzen mfg's

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Since the other thread about the custom spectrum 288 boards got buried, thought I'd mention that they were made by Shenzen Bright. They last company I decided to deal with from Shenzen (Alibaba). I would recommend them over both Meijiu and Bava, but haven't dealt with Hansion of Mufue before. Their pages just look too copy pasted and generic, no other reason lol.

In my opinion, Bright does it the best. Clean, consistent product with testing and customization all your own. Also do small orders fro people just trying to get a foot in the game and maybe design their own board (stay tuned for an LM301 board?) hehe. THere is a huge BUT when it comes to authenticity, as the data I was provided by them seems like a lower bin diode.

If you saw my other post, and were suspect of the quatlity or bin number of the diodes, perhaps you may want to think twice about going with Bright. Again, these are their products listed below and the pics could be considered a repost:
Mixed specrum board (3000K, 2700K, 4000K), 3000K board, generic H282 strip (24 diodes) H562 strip (48 diodes).

MIxed Spectrum: 3000K outer 4 rows, 2700K middle 2, 4000K in btween.
fullsizeoutput_20.jpeg
Close-up
Oxmzvac5Rba0xrBKo54bsg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_30.jpeg
back
fullsizeoutput_31.jpeg
cord
fullsizeoutput_32.jpeg
dimmer 0-120W
fullsizeoutput_33.jpeg
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_26.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_37.jpeg
de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Strips H282 (24 diode) H562 (48 diode) all 3000K
H562 24V 1200mA max (560mm x 18mm x 1.6mm)
H282 24V 600mA max. (275mm x 18mm x 1.6mm)

H562's lit
ejrQNsTNTpiE1l+XxToHfg.jpg
H282
fullsizeoutput_27.jpeg
Closeup
QrSsMHP6QUijAYZhLP0pLg.jpg
qE%JYzM%QXGa7xium7rQxg.jpg
Aluminum backing, 1.6mm thick
yn+Mj19wQvSx5B8+B7oaww.jpg
tqo8MoHhSCGeU4UeDiQmAg.jpg
H282's lit up
aNEbvxyzQQqIbQl3ZrAEsw.jpg
H562 full
fullsizeoutput_2a.jpeg
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Do you order test pieces of all their products? How much would you save say getting something equivalent to a 2foot f strip from them?

I was under the impression that 301b cannot be engineered into a superior product compared to the 561c. The price difference is bigger then the 3.5% gain in efficiency. At system level its more efficient to add more 561c's, since they are cheaper.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I'll give them a try in half a year or so. One would need an Apogee sensor to figure out the binning, given that these do look like the LM561c. This is already a step ahead of other players mentioned.
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

majorana wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:13 am
these do look like the LM561c. This is already a step ahead of other players mentioned.
haha do you value the "look" of the LED? this is like buying clothing just because it has a counterfeit luxury brand tag on it.

anyway, another advantage of them is their aluminum PCB (better heat disappation)

but i think Vestas are still cheaper overall because of the expensive DHL shipping from shenzhen
Last edited by tazztone on Sat May 05, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:16 am
haha do you value the "look" of the LED? this is like buying clothing just because it has a luxury brand tag on it.
If there's one thing I like about this forum/community is the positive attitude. If I'd want to be in a community where people flame and put each other down all the time I'd be on RIU.

To the point, by "look" I meant that I can't see the zener diode, the dark/black dot which is prominent on LM561B+ SMDs. One would need to have a macro shot to see that better, so this observation depends obviously on the quality of the pictures uploaded.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I had a look at the Shenzhen Bright alibaba page and realized I had been there before, but could not wrap my head around the vague pricing and collage of product pages collected from the internet.

The aluminium strips so seen very interesting, and they have some interesting looking controllers. I clicked on a 240w driver and in the beginning of the product description it said 120w driver... then there was the specs for a 12w driver. Suddenly the price made more sense. But they have a 600w driver for sale for 7$ :D
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:03 pm
I had a look at the Shenzhen Bright alibaba page and realized I had been there before, but could not wrap my head around the vague pricing and collage of product pages collected from the internet.

The aluminium strips seem very interesting, and they have some interesting looking controllers. I clicked on a 240w driver and in the beginning of the product description it said 120w driver... then there was the specs for a 12w driver. Suddenly the price made more sense. But they have a 600w driver for sale for 7$ :D
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:03 pm
A thing to know is that the prices you see online for Alibaba suppliers/producers is meaningless. KingBrite, a perfectly solid supplier, set the online pricing of their COBs for $2 (they obviously cost more.) That way in some countries you get to pay less customs, or so I was told. To find out the actual price on Alibaba you need to write the company and get a quote, or put out a request for quotes for a product of your specifications. It's a marketplace, but it doesn't work exactly like eBay.
Last edited by majorana on Sat May 05, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Thanks, that actually makes sense. They do always mark values down.