C99 + Fruit Punch | Coco+perlite | cob

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:16 pm
So was the DWC grow your 1st attempt to grow weed and this batch is the second?

If so, you should expect slower growth than in coco than DWC, but faster than soil.

I picked up a bag of coco and 3 packs of seeds from a new "in-person" seed source.

I got Star Pupil, Prayer Pupil and Pineapple Flo, 2 are fem and one is regular.

I guess their trademark is the purple color of the resulting bud... should be interesting. I'll add a new journal when I drop the seeds.
My grows have been:
1st THC bomb (fem), DWC
2nd Dark Devil (af), coco+perlite
3rd Cream Mandarine (fem) in a system made of pipes with sprayers between each netpot, draining to a res and recirculatin
4th Blue Dream (fem), DWC
5th this current one

I am sold to purple strains lol
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

I'm in the middle of my second-ever grow, and both were done in the beautiful "supersoil" called Michigan Made Mix... so no pH testing, no regular feeding of anything but tap water, so this will all be new.

It cost a couple bucks for all this crap, too:
IMG_3179.JPG
IMG_3179.JPG (3.66 MiB) Viewed 40328 times
Interested to see the difference with coco...
Last edited by bvolt on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

OoOOooo, exciting. I've struggled a little with coco the couple times I played with it. Hope it goes well for you.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:38 pm
I'm in the middle of my second-ever grow, and both were done in the beautiful "supersoil" called Michigan Made Mix... so no pH testing, no regular feeding of anything but tap water, so this will all be new.

It cost a couple bucks for all this crap, too:
IMG_3179.JPG

Interested to see the difference with coco...
You are going to use House & Garden nutes, I got the Roots exc and it is good!
I will do a run on soil but I don't know how to make a "super soil", here in europe I can't find a lot of products to make a EWC tea for example. I wanna try soil cause I am not really happy with the taste results since now.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

All plants have been topped.

C99 is growing faster than fruit punch
IMG_20170911_161052_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170911_161052_HDR.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 40320 times
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

They're looking real good.

I've got a question for you... I dropped one of those Star Pupil fem seeds into some coco+perlite last night.
  • Since coco is inert, do the seeds themselves have the necessary store of nutrients to sprout?
  • If so, at what point will that energy reserve run out? When do you start giving nutes?
I'll be following your grow for pointers... thanks G.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:51 pm

I've got a question for you... I dropped one of those Star Pupil fem seeds into some coco+perlite last night.
  • Since coco is inert, do the seeds themselves have the necessary store of nutrients to sprout?
  • If so, at what point will that energy reserve run out? When do you start giving nutes?
did you put the seed right in coco? I use starter plugs and I transplant after the first set of real leaves is developed and thats when I start feeding very lightly.
I mean the first set after cotyledons
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:51 pm

You can have seeds sprout in pure water. They have enough nutrients in them for at least the first set of real leaves, if not second and third. Straight (pH'ed) water for at least a week, if not two. This would be the same regardless of the grow media you use. The two most classic problems for new growers are over-watering and over-feeding, especially in the beginning. You basically can't go wrong with under-feeding in the beginning.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I am back. I tied the tops to let lower branches to get some light and reach the top.

I should take clones from each plant but I don't have enough branches probably
IMG_20170917_114715_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170917_114715_HDR.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 40288 times
IMG_20170917_114730_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170917_114730_HDR.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 40288 times
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:44 am
OoOOooo, exciting. I've struggled a little with coco the couple times I played with it. Hope it goes well for you.
From your lips...