I mean, come on

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Francesmeader wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:31 am
What to do when you find pests around it?
Which pests? The corrective actions depend on the cause.
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yeah.. pests. IPM sort of.

I put neem seed meal in soil blends and top dress with it.

Educate yourself and read labels for insecticides use.

For Spider Mites, I use a couple teaspoons of cold pressed neem oil with a drop of soap or a little bit of that 70% neem oil extract in a spray bottle filled with water. I rotate between those 2 neems. Spray all on plants in veg and early flower every once in a while as IPM. Remove affected leaves with white bite marks and spray like hell especially undersides of leaves if you've got them taking hold. Observe garden constantly so they never have a chance to get bad or webby. Usually get these if things get too dry and/or something else causing plants that are weak enough for them to take.

For Fungus Gnats, Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (Bti) in form of mosquito dunks in water poured on soil every once in a while. Maybe Bti treated on new composts added to system, that's where I usually got those gnats. Dilution of Pyganic (natural pyrethrin) in spray bottle to knock down fliers. Try not to breath it. Overly wet (especially topsoil) conditions exacerbate these.

For Root Aphids, Permethrin SFR (stronger, synthetic similar to pyrethrin) heavily diluted in soil drench for a good kill and in combo with Dominion 2L (imidacloprid) heavily diluted (read up well on this stuff first) added in veg as a systemic. Same Pyganic (natural pyrethrin) spray as used for gnats, for aphid fliers if you've got them. These are just insane, can't mess around with RA.

Those are the bugs I've dealt with thus far.. and the stuff that's actually worked in my experience.

In other news, check out what I've finally acquired, to really dial my LED game in right and help out with some testing where helpful. Most of my setup is probably overpowered so this will be a great tool.
QuantumMQ500.jpg
Hope you all are well.
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
Henryroawl
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Before officially creating AdminBB, I had plans to create an Admin Forum, so I chose two simple terms Admin & BB. I took my time to come up with a great name, and as you can see its very short, simple, and has great keywords.

BB Stands for "Bulletin Board" which is another meaning of "forum", BB is a very common term in the forum world. So in full AdminBB stands for Admin BulletinBoard, which also means Admin Forum.

How did you come up with the name of your website? What does it mean?
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

You are the man!
I wish I could like this post a hundred times.
What a beautiful piece of equipment!
What’s first on the agenda?
DaveJonesFan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:55 am
In other news, check out what I've finally acquired, to really dial my LED game in right and help out with some testing where helpful. Most of my setup is probably overpowered so this will be a great tool.
QuantumMQ500.jpg