Grow Journal: Blue Dream XTRM under 1152 LM561C Diodes

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Grower wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 pm
Ted wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:32 pm
My curing process does need some refinement. I trim up all the leaves and leave the buds on the branches, then hang the branches in a bathroom with the lights off, a little fan blowing, and a small dehumidifier. I think I jarred them too early last time, and that may have messed them up. I was thinking about hanging the whole plant this time coming up, and leaving the leaves on. This time around I want to do alot more work around curing them properly, as it seems to make the biggest difference to the finished product.
Definitely this. How much was the rh during the curing? Its better to jar the buds when they still are moist rather than too much dry. Get a small hygrometer and place it inside the jar.
Yea I need to get those. Guessing it aint good enough. My bathroom has the same sensor I have in my grow box, and I was able to keep RH around 50%.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Did u harvest?
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Grower wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:13 pm
Did u harvest?
Not yet, still have what looks like another couple of weeks to go. I looked at them under the scope last night and no amber trics. The purple pheno is probably a week or two ahead of the other pheno. I plan to start flushing the purple this week and then a week later start flushing the white/greener pheno.

The white/greener pheno is really putting on weight compared to the purple. The hairs are just starting to turn brown on it and it will continue to add weight this next week or two.
Attachments
IMG_1557.JPG
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

It's a jungle in there man.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
secondhandname
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

this is soo cool! really enjoying the thread thank you
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Sorry I havent updated this as much as I should. I ended up harvesting just over 8oz dried and cured, but I lost a 1/3 of the harvest due to spider mites and some other insect in the last few weeks. By the time I realized how serious it was, I had lost 2 of the six plants. My previous best yield was 7oz, so I feel like I did pretty good with the new lights. The nugs are alot denser, and the high is more stone-ier than the last harvest.
Attachments
E0811189-1875-4DC1-A384-20BAF5590382.jpeg
E3531DB8-5120-40B7-B789-6853D04D7BEB.jpeg
BD7EE68D-47DB-4872-83EA-0383586D9CE7.jpeg
A14C584A-8041-4F9D-9879-D3316423ECD4.jpeg
secondhandname
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

im pretty sure those other bugs are thripes. Jacks dead bug brew smokes em every time. ( i might have the name wrong but I get those exact bugs in the pic like every fall)
Maxxor
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Last edited by Maxxor on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Hold on... you harvested? That's got to be a response to an old post.

I thought we were nearly in sync with this cycle? (I'm about 1/2-way thru the 8 week cycle...)
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Maxxor wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:29 am
Hey Ted,

Congrats on your most recent harvest. Your growbox is verrry impressive! I'm a big fan of hide-in-plain-sight growing.

Bummer about the mites and thrips. Since you grow in coco/perlite, have you considered adding any additional organic ingredients to your planting mix?

I highly recommend using neem seed meal, as well as chitosan powder to repel insect pests. I solved my problems with fungus gnats and spider mites @ my indoor grow by tilling a small amount of each into my DIY organic potting soil mix prior to transplanting. (I grow perpetual harvest bonsai/SOG in 3 liter nursery pots in a pair of unassuming kitchen cabinet sized LED COB growboxes.)

Ever since I began adding 1 tablespoon of neem seed meal and 250 mg of chitosan per gallon of potting mix, I've had no gnats or mites invade my grows. The bugs hate the smell of neem, and the chitosan perks up a type of beneficial microorganism in the soil that preys on mites, their larvae and eggs.

Although there's a slight organic aroma from the neem seed meal for the first few days (it dissipates to nil), the chitosan is nearly odorless (considering that it's a modified extract of crushed shrimp shells). Neither ingredient imparts any offensive odor or taste to the nugs grown in it, and the neem is also a 6-1-2 fertilizer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V ... =UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Down-Earth-Neem- ... +seed+meal
Thanks for the kind words! I havent tried using anything really other than some light pesticides and lady bugs I've conscripted from the local gardening store. Ive had fungus nats before, but they werent really a bother. Its the mites that did me in. With neem, will it make my ladybugs go away as well?