Galactic Jack | June 12 | Manifold

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Nice! Keep 'em coming... I'll grow vicariously through you.

I haven't seen much of this technique - it looks like you'll get a lot of vertical growth soon. Super cool, thanks for sharing.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:23 pm
Maj,

Did you have a formula that you normally use or do you just let them do their thing? This will only be my second grow, so I'm still searching for what techniques and schedules are considered "the best".

Although, I suppose "best" requires a definition...
Exactly: "best practice" would depend on your grow. In the past year I've been growing autoflower (i.e., ruderalis) varieties, where anything but LST is ill advised. I had my go with topping and fimming and LST and just letting them grow as they wish.

My experience is that the biggest improvements I've seen had nothing to do with any of that, but with better care for ambient control (temp, RH, light) and feeding (EC, pH, automated watering).

For my next grow I'm going to switch to "regular" feminized seeds and will try to do some proper training while in veg. I imagine a better experienced grower would match the training to the plant (sativas don't behave quite like indicas, and most have different proportions of both.)

(Right now I have a plant which was supposed to be a ruderalis hybrid, but it took me over 9 weeks before I realized it ain't flowering and flipped the light schedule. It fills my 150*150cm (5'*5') tent from corner to corner, the trunk thicker than my wrist.)

All this to say: your plants are looking great!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

lol that's awesome filling a 5 x 5 with one giant girl :) Have you seen what Grand Master Level does for training/topping?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKtHNzZPsM I wonder how that would work on auto's. I know my normal sweet tooth likes it.. Every little side branch that would normally be lolly popped off is the same height as the main branch.. Month of veg there is a crap load of tops looking at the light :)
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Nice work here!
I suggest you to follow Nebula's tutorial instead of Buckets' one.
Btw I got good results with this method!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Hey all,

Welcome to my freshly re-named grow thread.

Strain:
  • Galactic Jack
Breeder:
  • TGA Genetics
Flowering:
  • Regular
Variety:
  • Sativa-dom
Genetics:
  • Jack Herer x Space Queen
Medium:
  • M3 (Michigan Made Mix) organic supersoil
Lights:
  • 2 x 3000K QB @ 240w
  • 5 Vero 29 SEs (2 x 3000K, 2 x 3500K, 1 x 4000K) @ 350w / run at 80-200w
From 5 seeds, there were two males, which have been disposed of. 2 females are flowering, 1 is vegging.

Sister (already showing) vegging under 5000K QB @ 80-90w:
Vegging
Vegging
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 1329 times
  • I have a Violator Kush clone vegging, also. Is it ever going to start growing normally?
Think this would work?
Stacked
Stacked
FullSizeRender 1.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 1329 times
This is how I actually have them arranged:
Real setup
Real setup
FullSizeRender 2.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 1329 times
More to come...
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Looking good,

That violator kush clone looks like a flowering clone/monster crop and those things grow weird.

How long have they been in flower?
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

You're right. I did take that after the first month of flowering. I never expected it to actually sprout roots, tbh.

I kept it in a clear container on a windowsill in the kitchen. Not really sure what, if anything, to do with it.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

6-Aug-2017

I did some much needed supply shopping today.

5 gal fabric pots
M3 Soil

(great story: hydro shop / shooting the shit about LEDs with 99% of all "other" people (those that don't visit this site multiple times a day (per hour, etc) about "lighting" / cute young chick comes in / she's the Hortolux rep / she says "#1 white light is not full spectrum / #2 the sun is not white light).

I was all set with her at this point, but she was maybe 24 and hot, so worth mentioning. Done.

Got all my girls into their final homes and my garden laid-out as best as possible.

First in: in the center and in back / in the longest - 7/24

Second: on the right / looking very svelte / just showing signs of stretching - 7/29

Third: on the left / this vital, emerald green beauty vegged for the longest under the 5000K QBs, just into the flowering tent - 8/2

In the back, on the left: a Violator Kush clone, that I topped and moved to a 2 gal fabric pot - 8/4
The gang
The gang
FullSizeRender 1.jpg (3.42 MiB) Viewed 1308 times
Close up:
The big girl
The big girl
FullSizeRender 2.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 1308 times
The emerald girl:
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 1308 times
That's it for now. I do have some more TGA Genetics seeds and some feminized seeds from Nirvana - Querkle and Papaya, that I may drop and add given the space here and in my bucket experiment.

More to come. Later.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:38 am
6-Aug-2017

(great story: hydro shop / shooting the shit about LEDs with 99% of all "other" people (those that don't visit this site multiple times a day (per hour, etc) about "lighting" / cute young chick comes in / she's the Hortolux rep / she says "#1 white light is not full spectrum / #2 the sun is not white light).

I was all set with her at this point, but she was maybe 24 and hot, so worth mentioning. Done.
Heheheh.

I've had similar conversations with the dude that runs one of the hydroponic stores in town... I told him I'm really into LED and he went on to give me a 10 minute sermon on how blurple lights are the best tech going right now and that I had it all wrong. Not much you can do to change some people's minds, short of doing a demo right in front of their eyes.

My dude is a 40 year old Vietnamese guy though, not a 24 year old cutie, so I had less patience :lol:

That plant is poised to be huge. I hope it really takes off and bushes out.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Damn! Does this girl love the QBs or what?

Only Day 20 (of 70) of Flowering:
FullSizeRender 1.jpg
FullSizeRender 1.jpg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 1298 times

Don't tell her I said this (I think she's self-conscious), but she's getting huge!