New garden is born

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
LivingLight
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've recently bought a new space for my plants, as i'm gonna do some test on spectrums soon i've decided to introduce you to my little garden.
For now i'm only growing on the floor, but soon i'm gonna build test spaces on the shelves.

The main light is built with 4 CXB3070 3000k 80CRI AB bin, using scythe cpu heatsink and a little homemade reflector
the driver is a HLG-120H-C700B with dimmer
I've built in 2 outputs on the light to wire supplemental modules, and for now i'm using 1 3500k strip from samsung for the strawberries and the early growing stages.

For now i'm still selecting the test species, i got little cloning boxes under the canopy.
Here some photos of my main plants for now, i will update next time when the whole space will be organised:

LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Nice! Strawberries would be fun. I’m most interested in how those turn out for you.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LivingLight
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:27 pm
Nice! Strawberries would be fun. I’m most interested in how those turn out for you.
Yeah i'm sceptical on the spectrum because i used to grow strawberries under 5000k. unfortunately it is not the same strain so i won't be able to compare the taste or the productivity.
One thing ive noticed is that the colour of their leaves is changing more than my other plants depending on the spectrum.
The green turn out to be very light under warm whites and there is a significant difference between the leaves grown under 3000 and 3500k. This specific response of the strawberries could explain why it is one of the rare plants i've found to grow well under 5000k 70CRI led lights.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'm slowly making my way backwards through the forum to read some great info and I have to say thank you for posting your findings on others' findings on spectrum. Really appreciate it. I'm also stupendously curious aboot if I can get my hands on your spectrum tool.
I feel like you would make a FANTASTIC podcast speaker to explain light.
Your setup looks great. I'll follow the thread.
Cheers from Canada!
X
LivingLight
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Professor Xavier wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 am
I'm slowly making my way backwards through the forum to read some great info and I have to say thank you for posting your findings on others' findings on spectrum. Really appreciate it. I'm also stupendously curious aboot if I can get my hands on your spectrum tool.
Sure i can give you the calculator but it's a beta version, you can't get hps spectrum or solar spectrum on it, there are only leds spectrum, i'm usually importing other spectrums if i need it.
I'm actually working on a new tool with a big spectrum database, but it takes a lot of time so for now this is all i got:
https://www.catupload.com/download/9876 ... 63997.html
I've made it on libreoffice and i know sometimes it's messing up with excell but in general it's supposed to work on it.
The simulator is on the page5, all the "light grey" boxes are the ones you got to fill with values, or choose a value in the drop down menu.
Most important selection is to choose "manual" or "calculation" for the power consumption and the efficiency. If you miss this option you can be a bit lost
I've tried to change menus for english but looks like i've forget some in french xD
Professor Xavier wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 am

I feel like you would make a FANTASTIC podcast speaker to explain light.
Your setup looks great. I'll follow the thread.
Cheers from Canada!
X
It's just an illusion xD if you think i'm explaining well, it's only because i've been working a lot on the topic. When you understand what you are talking about, it appeared to be clear with no effort.
Thx for cheering
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I have the same frame as my greenhouse out front. Was thinking about moving it in after the season. Does look good inside :)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

What are you thinking aboot for variables for your spectrum testing? There are many things you could test for.
LivingLight
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Professor Xavier wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:23 pm
What are you thinking aboot for variables for your spectrum testing? There are many things you could test for.
I'm not really investing accurate parameters. At this time i would like to try supplement 5700k cool white bridgelux eb strips with far-red. Then compare to a deep-red supplementation too, and at the end mix both colours.
What i'm gonna check is mostly the SAS and the phytochromes HIR. I hope to see a big difference in development speed in veg. Also i'm probably gonna try to stress the plants with an excess of light to see how they are responding.

I'm gonna build the lights tomorrow and post some pictures. But i got a little problem for the test as the clones i've done are starting to flower (basil) :? gotta find another plant i guess
Archie879
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

hello