Advice

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
SMC85
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I put 2 seed in a wet paper towel and in a zip lock I done this before and plenty of luck but for some reason these 2 are not popping it's been 4 days should I count these as duds and pop 2 more I think it my be the strain it's unknown
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

SMC85 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:10 pm
I put 2 seed in a wet paper towel and in a zip lock I done this before and plenty of luck but for some reason these 2 are not popping it's been 4 days should I count these as duds and pop 2 more I think it my be the strain it's unknown
The best way I've found is to keep them sandwiched between 2 paper plates to keep all the light out. I've had some take 6 days or so. Maybe wait 2 more.
NothinYet is my nickname
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I've had seeds take up to 7 days before they started germinating. Give it a little longer before giving up on them.
SMC85
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yeah I kind of figured that I was going to wait anyway just figured I'd ask

How is everyone doing how are your grows doing I finally had a harvest I think it would have been better if I had the money for better lights because my goal is to not focus on big yeilds but more quality I have been using coco but when my coco is done was thinking about soil does anyone have advice on soil

Also tips for going organic can can organic be used for coco might be a stupid question but I wanted to ask thank you all
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

give it more time... they could be older seeds. I've had old seeds with nothing but water take a week before they started to popped tails.. gibberellic acid will help seeds ( especially if older ) crack their shell and germinate with more vigor... easy place to get gibberellic acid is from kelp meal/ liquid kelp extract.

just watch your moisture,temperature, and light.. like SD mentioned they prefer darkness.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

With my method, I had 5 out of 6 germ. Here is some plants I have started for the greenhouse run. All autos.

Dinafem cheese xxl
0602182206a.jpg
Flash seeds white sirius auto
0602182206b.jpg
Lineage genetics amnesia auto
0605182006.jpg
These were taken a week or so ago. They are a little bigger now.
NothinYet is my nickname
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I've bumped into auto seeds that would not germinate well without being frozen first. I bumped into others that I could not germinate for a few weeks, but a month later I saw they sprouted in the abandoned pots. Usually I have pretty good success, but there are huge differences in seeds. Some stains have a reputation for various issues.

Some issues can be from weak genes, but actually they can come from strong genes too. Sometimes a tough shell is a problem for an anxious person, but I just threw the same seeds on the ground and they sprouted on their own. With the particular strain people recommended using a little sand paper to get it started.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
SMC85
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:24 pm
With my method, I had 5 out of 6 germ. Here is some plants I have started for the greenhouse run. All autos.

Dinafem cheese xxl
0602182206a.jpg

0602182206b.jpg

0605182006.jpg

How is it running autos been thinking about trying them out is the potency still good heard it can be lower kind of was wondering if this is true
SMC85
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:31 pm
I've bumped into auto seeds that would not germinate well without being frozen first. I bumped into others that I could not germinate for a few weeks, but a month later I saw they sprouted in the abandoned pots. Usually I have pretty good success, but there are huge differences in seeds. Some stains have a reputation for various issues.

Some issues can be from weak genes, but actually they can come from strong genes too. Sometimes a tough shell is a problem for an anxious person, but I just threw the same seeds on the ground and they sprouted on their own. With the particular strain people recommended using a little sand paper to get it started.
I'm hoping they are good was wondering if you or anyone could tell me this

If you get seeds from weak bud if you get the seeds and plant them could they come out good
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

SMC85 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm
sdfoster22 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Dinafem cheese xxl
0602182206a.jpg

0602182206b.jpg

0605182006.jpg

How is it running autos been thinking about trying them out is the potency still good heard it can be lower kind of was wondering if this is true
It all depends on genetics, they have come a long way. Also it depends on climate, and how you run them. Just do research on which strains and genetics produce the higher quality. That's what I've been doing.
NothinYet is my nickname