A Bunch of Seeds

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Humple
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:30 pm
Black Dog sounds great. My veg space space is kind of short on height, but I’d like to find a way of keeping a mother in there.
Yes - the genetics of the strains that were given to me are very interesting and I’ve been told to look out for some wild phenotypes.
I’m still finding my way as I’ve only been growing for a year. In that time I have been able to do 4 harvests, one was outdoors, the rest in a tent. I’m dead set on trying something wild and Sativa from Ace- maybe a Panama or a Malawi.
Nice! I hear good things about Ace. I've been thinking about maybe grabbing some Blue Orca Haze from Swami. Supposed to be some really good old-school genetics.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

The Real Seed Co. also has a great selection of VERY interesting strains.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I had the worst germination rates ever for this run of seeds. I got 5 out of 9. I am happy to have gotten 4 of the Kali China x Orient Express cross with Lebanese hash plant to sprout. One of the Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Lebanese cross (hope it's female). My Trainwreck did not sprout either.

I did get my ACE seeds from Spain, though ! They came so quickly I can't believe it. They took only 5 DAYS to get here !
Though I'm eager to plant the Malawi and Panama x Malawi seeds, I'm going to go with the freebie Orient Express feminized to round out the grow. I need a little more sativa in this grow, but I want to save the Malawi and Panama for next time, when it will be all about them.

They even sent a really nice catalog of seeds with some stickers-
Attachments
IMG_0270.jpg
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'm long overdue for an update. I've been super busy- including being busy with finishing my "grow lab". The plants are thriving. To recap- I'm growing some seeds donated by a kind soul, along with a couple others.
They are:

Kali Chia/Orient Express x Lebanese Hash Plant. I'm growing two of these. I had three, but one turned out to be a dude. My strip light is fantastic ! I've dialed it up the 320 watts for flowering. I have three fans blowing on them: a low one blowing up, an 8" oscillating one at plant level and one at the ceiling blowing down. I'm getting a 31" tall oscillating tower fan today, that doesn't take up as much room as the round oscillator.

Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Lebanese Hash Plant. One of these.

Orient Express feminized, by Ace Seeds. This was a freebie with my order for the next grow. Nice to have a parental relative of the KCOExLebs in the mix.

Jock Horror Auto, by Nirvana- left over from my outdoor grow last year. It was a nice smoke, with nice taste and aroma.

Things are getting crowded in my 3'x3' space. The KCOExLebs and the SPGxLeb are the densest, bushiest plants I've ever seen. After pruning my last grow extensively, I had thought I would try leaving these alone, but I can't- they're just too much jungle. The Orient Express is gorgeous, with a fantastic structure. She has grown beautifully the whole time. The Jock Horror Auto started flowering after about three weeks, when it was still small. It will be an early gift while I wait for the others. I noticed last night that they just started flowering. KKCOExLeb are the farthest along, currently (not counting the auto).

This week I am desperate to set up the Blumats, so I can go on vacation next week..I want to give myself enough time to get them dialed in. I'll have a 5 gallon reservoir with a circulation pump stirring constantly. I'm hoping they'll be fine for a week. I've noticed that my Indicas seem to be very thirsty. That may be because I planted them in smaller pots than I should have- only 2 gallons. I was going to flower them earlier, thinking they would be smaller and 2 gallons would be fine. OE is in 5 gallon smart pot, JH Auto in a 3 gallon smart pot. Oh well- every grow amounts to many lessons learned.

Any tips on setting p the Blumats would be appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_2025.jpg
IMG_2038.jpg
KCOExLeb.jpg
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

3 good YouTube videos on blumats... first two are Tad Hussey from KIS organics talking to the blumats guys.. on how to/ trouble shooting set ups.. third video is Joshua Steensland. he's the guy I learned the basics from last summer..

they are really easy to set-up... it's learning how to fine tune it that "can be" annoying... there's a lot of info on fine tuning and what to watch for in the Tad Hussey podcasts! 😁
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Thanks JGG !
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:16 pm
Any tips on setting p the Blumats would be appreciated.
Do exactly what the manual says.

Off the top of my head: Soak the carrot for a while, cap it under water to make sure there's no air. When you put it in the soil -- wet to the point you want it (in case of coco soak it) -- start from 100% open and close the dial down until you see a drop hanging there. Then tighten an arrow and a half (or is it two?) and leave it alone.

The next day you'll be worried it's not dripping enough. Don't touch it. The next day it will still look like it's not dripping enough. Don't touch it. The less you touch it the less things will go wrong. The last time I touched my carrots was when I put them in, about 40 days ago. My only concern now is to fill up the rez and make sure the pH/EC is in range; the plants take care of themselves.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

That sounds good. One thing I am not sure of is when is the best time to install them. Obviously, I'm installing them later than I otherwise would, as the plants are already in flower now. Do you install them before transplanting to final pots, or wait until they're in their full sized pots ?
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I've been too busy to post an update, something I really wanted to do, as I'm growing with some donated seeds. I had one male, so the 3'x3' closet is down to 5 plants, on of which I harvested the last of last night.
It went pretty well, and I was able to go away for two vacations with no issues, thanks to the Blumats.
I'm ready to harvest most of the rest over the course of a week. Easier than doing it all at once. I love the excitement of the harvest, the smells, the anticipation of the taste, the stickiness. Not so fun trimming so many tiny leaves...
They are all fading a lot, as I was pretty conservative with feedings and have been giving them ph'd water with only the addition of Drip Clean.

The two Kali China x Oriental Express x Lebanese Hash Plant are different phenotypes. One has FAT buds, but not super frosty, the other has skinny buds and is a little frostier. Both have beautiful colors- purples, reds, yellows.

The Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Lebanese Hash Plant has dark sun burnt orange pistils. It seems to be the quickest finishing of the bunch. Very bushy.

The freebie seed from Ace- Oriental Express- got huge, stretching to about twice it's previous size during flower. It is the stickiest, and I can smell the pinene. Delicious.

Jock Horror Auto finished first because it started flowering about two weeks after germination. It became almost all bud. Very dense. Different than the one I grew outdoors last year.
Attachments
The Lab
The Lab
Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Lebanese Hash Plant
Kali China x Oriental Express x Lebanese Hash Plant