I mean, come on

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

There is quite a lot of data on these spectrum effects, but it seems most of the data is with discrete diodes, and various mixtures of red/ green/ blue.

It also seems the various discrete frequencies modulate each other, so I imagine lots of creative spectrum combos remain to be found, and as the Emerson effect suggests, spectrum combos also have a dimension of light intensity where they are most efficient.

In past tests it seemed to me that each plant reacted quite differently to different light frequencies, and the reaction for each plant also varied by the plants stage of growth.
Some sativas seemed to increase node distance when the plant got large/strong, and some kushes did the opposite.

I switched lights during veg (1700k-4500k), and it seemed each plant had a different reaction to changes of spectrum, it is certainly an interesting topic.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:16 pm
Are these from a mom used in previous flowering runs where you observed uniform growth patterns?
Hey. The batch that came down from the big tent a few posts back was known genotypes that were run before. The Crockett's Confidential and Thank You Jerry ladies.

The last couple posts are new from seed testers I'm running for the first time. Hence the 'tester tent' nomenclature there. I'm going to keep using this smaller tent for testing the seed packs I need to work through this year, and use the large tent for the known quantities.

Since these Purple Lambo and Jack's Cleaner BX2 testers are getting near the end I've popped a couple new packs for the next round:

Crockett Family Farms - Sour 98 (Pre 98 Bubba Kush x Sour Diesel)

Exotic Genetix - Tangie and Cream (Tangie x Cookies and Cream) freebie
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Day 64 in the tester, yesterday. They'll be coming down tomorrow most likely.
Tester_Day64.jpg

Purple Lamborghini Tops:
PL_1.jpg
^ I hope this one is good, love the bulky structure. These all smell great. Fruity sweets mingling with strong dank kush.
PL_2.jpg
PL_3.jpg
PL_4.jpg
PL_5.jpg

Jacks' Cleaner Tops:
JC_1.jpg
^ This one was having some phosphorous issues and didn't seem to enjoy the high light levels at the tip tops.
JC_2.jpg
^ This one could have probably kept going a little longer, got just as much lemon smell now as the other, even though it started more mute. Doesn't seem to have the same feed/light level issue that affected the tops of the other pheno, even though it stretched up taller.

Also, I got my new EB Gen 2 light up working. It's covering 2 shelves with 5 total strips running very low power, low profile for humidity domes for clones and seedlings on lower and then an then an area for early veg above.
EB_Lowprofile.jpg
I know I'm not right
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey LED masters,

Back midway through big tent run. This is the 8'x4' running at 1200 watts to Vero 29C and QB288V2. Day 31 here. Keeping them upright so far this time.
BigTent_Day31.jpg

I ended up with 4 female Sour 98 and 2 female Tangie and Cream for the start of a new seed tester run. Just getting them cloned and then into flower so will update on these soon.
NewTesters.jpg

Also getting into the trying of the last testers. So far loving the 2 purple phenos of Lambo that were first and second pic in the last post, and the second pictured, greener Jacks' Cleaner.
I know I'm not right
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Nice...

What power do you feed those shelves? 2 strips for clones and 3 for seedlings?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Love what you're doing. Also curious aboot what power you're running the strips at.
I'd like to know the reasoning for your ventilation setup in your veg tent if I could. Why would you have ducting taking up space in the middle of a small tent instead of out the top?
Welcome back btw. Nice to see the update.
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:10 pm
Nice...

What power do you feed those shelves? 2 strips for clones and 3 for seedlings?
Professor Xavier wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:21 pm
Love what you're doing. Also curious aboot what power you're running the strips at.
I'd like to know the reasoning for your ventilation setup in your veg tent if I could. Why would you have ducting taking up space in the middle of a small tent instead of out the top?
Welcome back btw. Nice to see the update.
The 5 strips are all running together on an HLG120H-C700B and haven't run them with much power at all. I think they're only at about 60-70w total on the kill-a-watt, so less than 12-14 watts per 4' strip. Been an experiment of such low height and getting the watering and roots a bit dialed in. The clones that were cut back and already a bit root bound weren't as easy to get happy but the seedlings did great. Just bushed way out and grew tight right up to the lights until I moved them. I'm working on clearing out the 4th shelf of supplies so I can utilize more height under these and turn them up a bit. Here's a pic of seedlings, after I took them out of the humidity dome, the little stretch seen on a couple of them stopped.
Seedlings.jpg

The build with 4 strips on an HLG185H-C1050B has about twice the height and runs at 80w, so less than 20w per 4' strip, and has become my mother area for now. Mom plants are in 1/2 gallon plastic grow bags for a good soil moisture balance under this power.
EBGen2.jpg

The ducts in the tester tent are for intake. My big tent came with nice flaps to cover the light leaking on the bottom intakes but this little 3x3 tent only has velcro covers you can remove for intake but with giant glowing rectangular holes, so I made (4) 4" ducts as passive intake in U implementations to make it flower worthy. I thought the intake holes were 4" when I bought that ducting, but they are actually 5 or 6" so I could probably get away with doing 2 larger diameter ducts coming in the sides and drop the 2 columns and get about the same negative pressure balance. I'll try to use your observation of sub optimal design as a kick in the butt to change that. There is a 6" inline exhausting out the top, pushing through a carbon filter, usually running full tilt.

My big tent has a 6" 'column' intake coming into the front right corner as well, taking up space, but it's powered with a 6" inline for active intake to help balance the pressure with (2) 6" inlines pulling through carbon filters for exhaust. I perforated the end area of the intake duct to soften the air blast to the immediate plants in that path.
I know I'm not right
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Day 43, and still standing. I put up a little nylon thread line along the front of the tent so opening the doors doesn't create a cascade of falling tops. So far so good. Got a little pushy with the feedings like always so the tips got a bit burnt, but they all appear to be swelling fairly well.
BigTent_Day43.jpg
I know I'm not right
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Definitely started fighting some salt buildup on these. Some took it worse than others. Day 51 here, adding a humidifier to the room to try to help dial in moisture and watering, as it just isn't quite right. They seem to hate getting anywhere near halfway dry soil so I'm watering little bits every other day. Most of the bud still looks great just a bit stunted size. Maybe they'll flush out a bit and put on a bit more bulk in the final bit here.

I did a 3500K white balance adjust to get the coloration a bit better exposed.
BigTent_Day51_3500K.jpg
I know I'm not right
Francesmeader
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

What to do when you find pests around it?