Any experience with AF?

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Can anyone suggest a good (the BEST) autoflower strain?

How's this idea sound: to whoever is interested, I will buy and mail two AF seeds from whatever strain we all agree on, then we'll create a single new thread.

Anyone participating uses that to document their grow.

Most dry weight (from one plant) at the end wins...
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That is a really fun idea! I wish I could participate. You other guys should jump on this...
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I spent the past year growing ruderalis strains, gone thru pretty much all of those that Royal Queen Seeds have. Quite frankly none of them blew my mind away, and yield wasn't great either. They were fine, sure enough, but the only one which did nicely was in the last grow, and that was a seed that was supposed to be AF but turned out to be a regular feminized seed.

I guess the main advantage is the shorter cycle, which could be beneficial in a commercial context where you want a more stable inflow, but now that I'm going into my second year as a hobbyist I'm switching to 'normal' feminized seeds.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I do not like AFs. Lot of ppl suggest this kind of plant for the newbies and I do not know why.
Btw I tried Dark Devil by Sweet Seeds, what a wonderful plant! Check the Red Family
MaineGrower
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I see lots of people using Fastbuds, and some nice autoflower strains. I have only grown one myself, not knowing what I was doing I left in a small pot and just flowered her out. It was an Auto White Widow and my buddies said it was some of the best smoke he had for a while.

I have done seed runs and made up seed, I think what I'm going to do is take a couple of autos and throw them into my small 4x4 dry tent and feminize a plant for some female pollen and make up seed to play with with F1 crosses.

I love the idea of growing like 12 plants without topping and throw under a decent light. I usually only grow monsters..
Tombsy
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I grew a polar Express and a little Kushy under 4 100w (equivalent) bulbs. 10 grams a plant and it was pretty good stuff.

I now have 3 Sour cracks and 2 Sour hounds from mephisto genetics at around 7 days. 55 days seed to harvest!

Anyways. From what I've read mephisto has the best af genetics out there. I will post back in a month.
charsi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have read nothing but good about Sweet seeds and Female seeds when it comes to Auto....
my first order was a bunch of autos from attitude which was a disaster as at the point i hadnt done my research....one of those autos survived in a lil solo cup , its well over a month old ..only a few inches and has started flowering!
I am gonna hang on to it and see if i can get a joint out of it!
PT Scribble
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I've got some white yoda AF that did really well...
also some raspberry cough that turned AF on me (seeds were regulars)

that raspberry cough was LIT... really nice stuff!