Big differences between different breeder, talking about autoflowers.

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Tassetapir
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

If they ship only to sweden maybe i can help? Atleast if anyone need help with the language just tell me and iil do what i can.

I live in Sweden.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Flash seeds that they sell have strains by stitch. If you google super autos stitch flash, you will probably find conversations about them.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
PurpleGunRack
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

First off, don't trust breeder specs...

Notice how only a handful of breeders (I only know of Ace/Cannabiogen) have plants with ''low'' yield in their catalogue, everyone else has ''medium'' as the lowest yield mark.

If you want to try a certain strain available at different breeders, then go for the breeder who actually developed the strain in the first place, ie. Northern Lights - Sensi Seeds, Blueberry - DJ Short, Cinderella 99 - Brothers Grimm.

I don't see how autos are worthwhile growing indoors unless you have a perpetual veg tent with occasional room for an auto.
They're a waste of energy and can't be cloned, if a fast turn around is what you're looking for, then do SoG grows with clones that are transplanted and flipped as soon as they have rooted, this will let you harvest every 8-10 weeks.
Go for tall 3L square pots and at least 25 plants per square meter ;)

However, as mentioned earlier Mephisto is a good choice if you're hell bent on autos.
Dutch Passion autos are nice as well, some of the Fast Buds and Bomb Seeds autos are decent enough.

Any auto version of a classic strain is never truly that strain, hell the regular version is probably not even close to the original strain anymore.
Also getting a proper heavy night indica, an insanely frosted cookie strain and a super trippy sativa is very hard with autos, the Ruderalis genes seem to turn the fun down a notch and even things out a bit, don't get me started on potency and terps :lol:

Sorry for auto bashing, but I highly recommend looking at regs/fems from some lesser known elite breeders,
like In House Genetics, Exotic Genetix, Holy Smoke etc.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Certainly most of what seedbanks say seems quite suspect.

"Notice how only a handful of breeders (I only know of Ace/Cannabiogen) have plants with ''low'' yield in their catalogue, everyone else has ''medium'' as the lowest yield mark."

They make much wilder claims then that, most probably keep yield high in priority in the list of traits they select for?

"If you want to try a certain strain available at different breeders, then go for the breeder who actually developed the strain in the first place, ie. Northern Lights - Sensi Seeds, Blueberry - DJ Short, Cinderella 99 - Brothers Grimm."

It should certainly make sense to look for originals, but even that isnt always a safe bet. I've bumped into numerous plants where the originals have been improved on. Many people say Sensi lost the original Herer, and suggest alternatives. One problem with some of the originals is price. Perhaps they don't have big spaces to make seeds in or something. I get 500+ seeds of a 1 oz plant. 20$ a seed seems like too much for some. There are a lot to choose from.

"I don't see how autos are worthwhile growing indoors unless you have a perpetual veg tent with occasional room for an auto.
They're a waste of energy and can't be cloned, if a fast turn around is what you're looking for, then do SoG grows with clones that are transplanted and flipped as soon as they have rooted, this will let you harvest every 8-10 weeks.
Go for tall 3L square pots and at least 25 plants per square meter"

Peoples situations vary. The government here used to look at grow area, so I did 1m2 SOG. Now they judge by plant count and I do trees. I see people getting 100g from 9wk autos. There are communities who think nothing else makes sense. Most people deal with situations and environments that guide their choices.
In general autos grow faster, and many seedbanks use recessive auto genes to speed their plants growth, for example female seeds.

"Any auto version of a classic strain is never truly that strain, hell the regular version is probably not even close to the original strain anymore.
Also getting a proper heavy night indica, an insanely frosted cookie strain and a super trippy sativa is very hard with autos, the Ruderalis genes seem to turn the fun down a notch and even things out a bit, don't get me started on potency and terps"

They might be able to catch some characteristic, but it sure as hell wont be the original. Unless were talking about equatorial landrace strains that can also function as autos. Check the original quest of durban poison... they had trouble finding reliable non-auto strains.
I think there are some real differences in potency between traditional western weed, Autos, and different landraces. I have definitely seen amazing indica and sativa autos, not much experience with inside grown though... they are out there, and well documented. That said I was very disappointed with a lot of the commercial auto seeds I tried. Terps on autos grown outside near the arctic circle are damn potent, the phenomena has been researched by spice growers :)

"Sorry for auto bashing, but I highly recommend looking at regs/fems from some lesser known elite breeders,
like In House Genetics, Exotic Genetix, Holy Smoke etc."

I don't grow autos inside, but trust me, there are great and very different varieties out there. PM me an address, and I'll send you some seeds.
Defiantly agree that you will do well to choose some good genes, find keepers etc. A lot of the classic clones etc, came from bag weed though.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Would you say there's a huge variation in phenos from the same auto seed stock? (I know nothing about autos really)

Also, I think a lot of seedbanks are exaggerating or outright full of it when it comes to strains and information in general. You could buy the "same" strain from five different seedbanks, grow them side by side in the same conditions, and in all likelihood get five different looking results.

At least a part of this must be as a result of the generally deregulated nature of this industry for decades now... anyone can claim almost anything, and who can really call them out on it? There's so much variability across genetics and grow environments that it's anyone's guess what the result is going to be.

Probably the best way to move forward with any of this is only purchase from the most reputable and oldschool seed banks, certain ones that have been established in the Netherlands for example, for many years now... and to reference people's actual diaries and testimonials regarding these strains (as is happening here).

My 2c