Greenery Bob's silly 5x5

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Sorry, I saw this for the first time, May I know why put two lights underneath :?: , in order to keep enough light in every corner?
The_Mouse_Police
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Basically. Plants can use whatever light reaches the insides of the leaves, and hits the right molecules. The most light is absorbed at right angles to the leaf surface, hence typical curvature, to get the most out of the moving sun. Lower levels of leaves get underserved by just top-side lights, since they compete higher leaves. Side lighting helps, and under-side lighting seems to be the next thing everybody is experimenting with.

Another, more subtle aspect, is heat. Strips and panels are better both for wider coverage, hitting the most flat leaf surface possible, and for spreading out heat to be whisked away. But, running the LEDs cooler and more efficiently also means spreading them out and/or running them much softer, resulting in less total radiation for the leaves, in small spaces. So, how do you want to compromise on your costs? High output and lots of cooling costs, or greater coverage, with cheaper and easier cooling?
Greenery Bob
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Day 34. A bit of leaf tip singing.

Will be dropping off the added MPK and going to just Megacrop and epsom salt.
Attachments
Day 34
Day 34
Greenery Bob
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Some more day 34 goodness
Attachments
Day 34 lower shot
Day 34 lower shot
Top view day 34
Top view day 34
Labgrown
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Greenery Bob wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:48 pm
Day 34. A bit of leaf tip singing.

Will be dropping off the added MPK and going to just Megacrop and epsom salt.
mind sharing your feed schedule in grams and wether or not you have the older or newer version of mega crop?
Greenery Bob
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I have the older stuff. I add 35 grams of old style Megacrop and 5 grams of epsom salt and was adding a couple grams of MPK per 5 gallons. I bottom feed with autopot XLs so I assume the issue was just needing to dump the reservoir as the plants just take up what they want and perhaps it was getting a bit too salty after awhile..... either way, the plants are still praying and have since tossing them in autopots.
Greenery Bob
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

When I dumped the res there was silty mess buildup.
I should clean the res more often methinks.
Greenery Bob
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Forgot to turn on the valve for several days after cleaning the res... whoops, toasted some leaves with that silliness. Starting to raise the blues, UV, and deep reds for the last couple weeks.
Attachments
20190904_202439.jpg
Greenery Bob
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Lowers.

Well, having the lower light is making the 'larf zone' flowers much bigger.
Attachments
20190904_202707.jpg
20190904_202722.jpg
Greenery Bob
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Botrytis has attacked two of the plants so they got hauled out early...some of the nicest nugs...gone :cry:

The other seven filled out the space well so the remaining yield should be okay.

I'm cranking up the UV for the last couple weeks to suppress any other plants from going to shit.