Topping plants

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Maxxor
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Last edited by Maxxor on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
fdashty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

What were we even talking about?

majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Maxxor wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:06 pm
Here's a link, where you'll find way too much information about Noctua's excellent computer fans.
https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-p12

I've used several different sizes and flavors of their fans, but think the 120mm, NF P12 is ideal for our exhaust purposes. It doesn't have as much static pressure capacity as their amazing (but oddly noisy) NF F12, but it sucks pretty good, and is nearly silent at full throttle. I stacked a pair of 'em together just because I already had leftovers from my previous projects, and thought it might increase their drawing power through a pile of charcoal (I have no data to back that up). I think they're available in both 3 and 4 pin, but am sure Noctua makes adapters, and they always include speed reducing resistor cables if you don't want to hear a peep out of their already quiet fans, and are just running them off a 12v transformer or wall wart...

When I first realized smell is a problem (yes, I was that clueless) and shopped around for solutions I decided I can't keep an extracting fan in my bedroom. It's not crazy noisy, but still too much. Now I'm thinking that it's possible to try and do such a micro-grow in my closet next winter-- these PC fans are quiet enough. Plenty of time to prepare for that, but already an exciting prospect for a new challenge :)