Ocean Grown - Vader OG

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:13 am
Great pics man! Those plants look incredible as always. Looks like you've been doing this for years.
Thank you, my friend. This past year has been a worthwhile labor of love.

What do you think of the tomato ring?

I wasn't sure at first. I actually installed it and later removed it, and then... reinstalled it.
  • I knew I would need the support, but couldn't accept the "permanent placement" of the pots
    • I rely too much on the weight/lifting the pots
On 3/3, I said flowering was going to begin - but I still need to get a CO2 controller. I'm trying to finish up work so I can get to the shop today, but it's already after 5 ET... I guess we'll see.

Oh yeah... I added the Cree 660s:

Now you can actually discern a red glow over the white light (some of the leaves appear pinkish/red).
0320_Full_garden.png
0320_Full_garden.png (11.74 MiB) Viewed 1480 times
Oh my!

I managed to train a few tops to get closer to the light... :lol:
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Lots of updates - sorry guys.

bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Some huge changes to the garden this week.

These girls seemed happy but, they weren't. I don't blame them. Who the heck would want to live in a tent, anyway?

They were far too crowded. So, I picked up a 4 x 4' tent on Friday. But at the last minute, I went in a different direction...

I wish I'd tried this earlier on... they are looking incredible. With the extra space, they are really filling out...

The tomato ring girl...

Check out the stems on those tops!

And if they're that big up top...

Saving the best for last... in this run I started experimenting with training for more tops without actually topping (or any cutting) - just using LST and supercropping.

It's only a 1 gal pot, but it's jammed with roots, and tops in every direction...
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

We've all seen some pics of great grow rooms - all the fancy gear, but it's one of the least expensive items that is most important and has the greatest positive impact.

It's a wall mounted oscillating fan. It doesn't actually need to be wall mounted, but it needs to have some balls,

I know I changed two things at once (1. no tent 2. big fan), and I know that both contribute, but it's easy to seethe work the fan is doing when I'm not around.

Remember, cannabis is wind pollinated.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

End of first 12 off/12 on.

They'll be sleeping again shortly...

Not sure I needed it, but I added 2 x 3000K QB 288s on an HLG-240H-C2100B (~260W).

660s / PFDs / QBs @ 425W (up to 620W)

CO2 @ 1700 PPM on a timer (right now)

I'm pretty sure some simple boolean logic and an arduino relay and something like this CO2 sensor/meter would do the trick.

bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Hey guys,

I'm about 5-6 days into 12/12... and so far, so good.

Next update will have pics of the monochrome LEDs: hyper and ultra-violet, violet, cyan, lime, green, far red and IR.

Maybe the next update will show some buds forming...
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That is quite the light! Very colorful and diverse.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:57 am
That is quite the light! Very colorful and diverse.
You should check this out.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Hey guys,

It's been a little bit since the last update.

I'm currently at 12/12 + 27 days.

I think I've been a little aggressive with the light intensity, as I've got some bleaching and possibly even a slowing in new growth. So I've both raised my lights and decreased power - from just over 300W down to ~220W.

I'm hoping this gets them back on track.

It's got me thinking, tho... I've got close to 1800 of the most highly efficient emitters that are generally available - commercially, covering an area occupying only a little more than 2' x 4' of floor space... maybe I need to turn it down even more?
LivingLight
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey

you got a pretty setup, i don't really understand the details of your problem. Are you sure the lamp is involved? When your plants are burning with an excess of nutrients, or when they lack of food, the consequences are harder under a high light intensity, but with better conditions, the light could do pretty well.
how long is your growing area? Did you measure or estimate the photon flux density?

Also, did you simulate your spectrum? I'm not sure why you add blue and red leds to your warm white.