Cookies Kush - making seeds

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Perhaps you were a little late with the male? seems the female had almost no hairs in the photos :lol:

Awesome to see the process documented, and I assume you still have the strain, so whatever happens your in a great position to do it again.

I ended up seeding my girls with regular pollen. Also got the pollen on the last minute, both had a tiny bit of hairs left. Tons of seeds on the way, my best regular strains x my best auto strains.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Now that I looked at the photo again, there were lots of hairs lower down, and I can see some seed pods forming on the higher buds too! awesome!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

BTW before sleeping I realized I didnt send any good wishes your way. Sorry about my thoughtlessness, and hope you got well over whatever health challenges you were facing. 3 weeks is a long time!
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:37 am
BTW before sleeping I realized I didnt send any good wishes your way. Sorry about my thoughtlessness, and hope you got well over whatever health challenges you were facing. 3 weeks is a long time!
Thank u man.
I was so so bad... really... won't tell the particulars but was ugly...
I got something like hard Chrono... we will see have to do some more tests... :/
But leave this shit behind... I got this :D!!
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:52 pm
Perhaps you were a little late with the male? seems the female had almost no hairs in the photos :lol:

Awesome to see the process documented, and I assume you still have the strain, so whatever happens your in a great position to do it again.

I ended up seeding my girls with regular pollen. Also got the pollen on the last minute, both had a tiny bit of hairs left. Tons of seeds on the way, my best regular strains x my best auto strains.
Like u realized, yes there is some seed formation... and no pistils it means pollinated female ... no?
On lower branches, I did not pollinate yet... well I did, but later than upper buds... I think I will have 2 havest on this...
Did this on purpose, just to be more sure to catch the best time at least on a couple of branches... but seems it will be more than a couple...
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Yes, you will have to wait until at least a couple of the seeds start looking ripe before you cut her. Hope it does not go so late that the trichomes start getting damage. Most probably you will get awesome sleepy smokes, and quite a bit of seeds too. The way the male was hanging out there the lower branches might have gotten a large dose too :lol:

What I read in the forums was that you should start flowering the plant your turning around 3 weeks before the plant that will receive pollen. I'm always late with mine too.
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hey, hello!
Today I cut off the reverted plant and Ill try to store some pollen from her/he for some further pollination.
So now I have only the plant with some nice amount of seeds all around...
1-2 more weeks? IDK maby more...
But today I noticed great development of seeds all around...
I'm happy with the results so far...
Attachments
IMG_1103.jpg
IMG_1099.jpg
IMG_1097.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1090.jpg
IMG_1088.jpg
IMG_1086.jpg
IMG_1083.jpg
IMG_1085.jpg
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:52 pm

I was worry about to be a little late on male, but it turned out I was not :D
I have some vegging Cookies Kush for insurance but it seems I won't need them...
Next time I'll try to revert and pollinate the same small plant. Reverting only main cola.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

As they mature they will look dry, and change color. You can try to pop out the most mature seed you find, if you start feeling they are ripe. When they are really ripe the seed will come out without any feeling of violence, and you will recognize its ripeness. Usually it takes 20-40days to ripen.
YYCannabis
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

As a new grower, I find this very intriguing. Just curious to know what would happen if you took a clones? Would the clone be male?