Takeshy Organic/DWC LED Grow

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Thank's to you I'm now interested in DWC! Did you follow a tutorial? Do you have more pictures of your setup/ project build?

Why do you want to go down the RDWC road now?

Thank you for your meaningful answers!
Takeshy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hyakutak wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:12 am
Thank's to you I'm now interested in DWC! Did you follow a tutorial? Do you have more pictures of your setup/ project build?

Why do you want to go down the RDWC road now?

Thank you for your meaningful answers!
This is what I built (bigger air pump, bigger bucket, 2 flat airstones per bucket)

There are many advantages in RDWC, one of them is controlling pH, EC and Temp in the Epicenter/Controller Bucket which task is annoying if you have multiple simple DWC buckets.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'll add rdwc gives better options for chilling water Temps to avoid root rot which tend to be the bane of DWC.
Heathen
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I'm kinda going back and forth between going all out and doing rdwc, or just staying simple and with an autopot setup. The thing that's holding me back from choosing rdwc is I'm having a hard time sourcing top quality parts to to diy it, and I also don't want to spend current culture prices. I have champagne taste and mad dog and Kool aid budget.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Heathen wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:08 pm
I'm kinda going back and forth between going all out and doing rdwc, or just staying simple and with an autopot setup. The thing that's holding me back from choosing rdwc is I'm having a hard time sourcing top quality parts to to diy it, and I also don't want to spend current culture prices. I have champagne taste and mad dog and Kool aid budget.
A third alternative would be looking into a "passive plant killer" setup. When I used to be active on ICmag I remember a couple of knowledgeable growers swore by it.
Heathen
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

majorana wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:01 am
Heathen wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:08 pm
A third alternative would be looking into a "passive plant killer" setup. When I used to be active on ICmag I remember a couple of knowledgeable growers swore by it.

Right on, thanks for the lead, I'll check it out.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Heathen wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:11 pm
Right on, thanks for the lead, I'll check it out.
Keep me updated if you manage to figure it out-- the few tutorials out there only ended up getting more confused. It's probably fairly simple, but I couldn't find a simplified explanation of it. I might look into that myself too for my next closet micro-grow. (No space for a 200L rez.)
Takeshy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Day 40

Day 41

sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Mmm looking frosty!
NothinYet is my nickname