Takeshy Organic/DWC LED Grow

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

It's always great to test limits. Most people do it by seeing how much they can yield per watt/ area, rather then how many watts they can cram into a given space.
Kids will be impressed by a car that has xxxx horsepower, but those with a little more experience want to know what you can do with it.

This summer I put two identical plants outside. One in a greenhouse, and one in the sunniest spot of the garden. The plant in the greenhouse received about 8h of light, and the one in the sunniest spot received about 14h of sunlight. The one in the greenhouse grew larger, and yielded more.

At RIU forums there are already a lot of people who tested limits of power with leds, and they dropped their power because they were loosing yield. CO2 and environmentals might help with that, but it really remains a balancing act.

Personally I have a theory that the max limit a plant can take is also related to spectrum, not just light intensity. I tested putting sprouting plants right under a 730w plasma and they were fine. Perhaps using 90cri leds might help in this regard.

Anyway, interested to see what you end up doing, Just fear you will end up keeping your lights 1m away from canopy :)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

This reminds me of that university study which showed the relationship between light intensity, photosynthesis, availability of water and CO2. They made some charts and graphs. It was sick.