Can filters

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
fdashty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi everyone,

I purchased some lights form a bulk auction lot and part of the package was a huge can filter. It can filter approximately 1800 cfm with the right fan. I don't need that much, I have about 200sqft. I'd like to hook it up to an 8inch fan but I'm not very creative and I can't come up with a way to make this work.
Filter diameter: 12 inch
Fan diameter: 8 inch
Issue: how to connect the 2 (if possible)
Tickles the ɯılʞɯɐu
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If your filter and fan are oversize you can connect a dimmer and get a very quiet setup.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Mike
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Wow better late then never but sorry I just found this place/forum.

One thing I would like to note when using reducers or can filter in general.

Remember when your reducing your duct and/or adding a filter to your inline system you also deuce the cfm of your fan.

Please make sure this doesn’t cause too much stress on your fan or else it will cause over heating and unnecessary maintenance and buying of parts.

Cubic volume = length x width x height

Then multiply by how many times you want the air exchanged and divide by 60 for cfm.

Then you need to know how much your reducing the cfm by using the can filter and reducer.

Sorry for the late and lengthy response but I’ve set up with poor planning before and spent more time fixing things rather than enjoying the grow.

Hope all is well!