Platinum Bubba with HLG 600

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I’ve been bugging the boards on wiring some hlg 600 and upon completing the circuitry, I wanted to share what I’ll be running them under.

So far I have 12 plat bubba teens vegging under one light. The plan is to have them sitting on a 4x8 tray and scrogged under 2 600s. I believe each unit is drawing a little over 600 watts at the wall so yielding 2 lbs is very achievable. They are in pure coco and will be fed jacks hydro at 600 ppm in RO all the way no flush. Water system will be blumats dripers. Unfortunately, these clone have spider mites and I’m treating them with mighty wash, big time exterminator and neem/protek/essential oils/Dr Bronners soap. So 2 week to fix mites and fill scrog then flip.
213E633A-2A56-401C-8A91-E168402B56C2.jpeg
213E633A-2A56-401C-8A91-E168402B56C2.jpeg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1796 times
Oh, Happy New Years to all!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That's awesome, dude! How did you manage to get the plants to hang upside down? :lol:
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

It’s a new tech I’m pioneering. The strain is actually called fem tea tree OG cookie landrace F18 x NyQuil #65XjG4 back crossed found in subterranean caves of Chile which rely on bioluminescence of flying inverts. In short, Bat Kush! #Ceilingtech #gravityfed #photonsdontknowupordown #HLGsubohm@87giggawatt #bioluminescencetech #fluxcapacitor

I don’t know😂 is the picture uploaded inverted?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Ahahahaha very nice. Beauty hashtags too :lol:

Seriously though, that looks awesome. Best of luck with this grow! That’s a sweet tray they’re in.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Maxxor
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Last edited by Maxxor on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I see. That’s how I’ve always seen outlets wired where I’m at (California). I’ve read somewhere outlet should be wire with the ground socket on top. Other than that, I dunno what’s wrong. Must be different where you’re at.

Update on the plants. I added a quick foliar spray of soap, essential oils, silica, isopropyl and water. Seems to be kicking the mites teeth in so far. Still waiting on HLG for a heat sink. I received an email about a direct order but haven’t heard back. Just need that last piece hardware to fill this table and build the scrog frame. Waiting patiently.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Good luck on the mites, I had them a couple runs ago and it nearly wiped out the whole thing. Ive had good luck with lady bugs since then, but its more of a preventative measure. One thing Ive found that works great for infested clones is a product called hot shot no pest strip https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/hot-s ... actjs=true I cant spell the active chemical, but it kills anything alive and degrades in a week or two. Its pretty toxic, so I only use it outdoors, but it will kill anything.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Yes, here’s hoping you can eradicate those little jerks. I’m still struggling with aphids in some of my plants, despite several shots of soapy water - not sure which of the two are worse but I’m guessing the mites are a little harder to deal with.

Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Mites are almost dealt with. The isopropyl alcohol did stress the plants a bit, seemed to kill of many adults. Going to spray with need, silica and soap to night at lights out.

Change of plan. Since this strain is the slowest vegging strain in the entire galaxy, they have to veg an extra week. Which does give me time to figure some things out.

Problems I've encountered are deficiencies. This is my fault for not rinsing out a brand new 32 gallon Brute can and using the waste water from my ro/di unit. Big mistake. Shocked the girls! Simple fix by rinsing out the can and using real RO.

Last concern is regarding the flowering light. Still have 4 288 boards with a hlg600a and no heat sink. HLG is currently out of stock and even with direct contact, they don't seem to have one. If anyone have an alternative, please let me know! Peace!
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Pebadee wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 pm
Mites are almost dealt with. The isopropyl alcohol did stress the plants a bit, seemed to kill of many adults. Going to spray with need, silica and soap to night at lights out.

Change of plan. Since this strain is the slowest vegging strain in the entire galaxy, they have to veg an extra week. Which does give me time to figure some things out.

Problems I've encountered are deficiencies. This is my fault for not rinsing out a brand new 32 gallon Brute can and using the waste water from my ro/di unit. Big mistake. Shocked the girls! Simple fix by rinsing out the can and using real RO.

Last concern is regarding the flowering light. Still have 4 288 boards with a hlg600a and no heat sink. HLG is currently out of stock and even with direct contact, they don't seem to have one. If anyone have an alternative, please let me know! Peace!
If you put a fan on them, that should do it. A good, small oscillating fan from an office supply store would be fine.