Vegging blueberry

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Hi all

I am about 25 days into vegging and the plants look great. Am really surprised at how bushy one of the four is but the nodes are tight overall on all. I used two types of soil, one with a compost/loam/manure and miracle grow at 50/50 leaves are lighter green. The second was just compost/loam/manure and this will be the soil going forward, at $5/bag pretty happy with it so far.

Question for all you growers, when do you transplant up? I have them in 2 litre pots now and I wanted to wait until they show themselves either male/female but they are quickly outgrowing the pots. Any recommendations on pot size to go to? I wanted to only transplant once so this would be the final size.
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
KrazyG
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have kept a mother plant in 2lt pot for a year and had zero problems, it just needed more attention,
As for transplanting it depends on your grow space and expectations.
I use 10lt pots for final transplant, usually 2-3wk before switching to 12/12.
I've tried 25lt pots but had to veg longer to build root mass and still yielded the same.

With 10lt pots I harvest 3.5oz dry, I usually do 2 plants per run. When I tried 1 X 25lt I got just short of 7oz but had to veg an extra 3wks.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Here's a very general video on root systems. I watched it some years back and switched to airpots, then eventually I transplant to smart pots, i.e. grow bags.

As said by previous poster, some people get crazy results with smaller soil volume, when its dialed in. I see the best growth in a smaller pot, and the fast metabolism it creates, but often tend to move plants to large pots for ease of maintenance. Plants in small pots will take a hit from neglect, just like plants in hydro.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Ok, need some help here, plants are 16" tall and 35 days old. Need to know which direction to take them in. SOG, SCROG or let them grow unhindered. Any other methods?? I've got a 42" x 24" grow light and three-four females, two confirmed blueberry females and one maybe two hashberry plants that are a few weeks behind. Planning for space and grow method are my main concerns. My light is 36" high right now but I can move to a higher grow area when needed.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

You know I've been playing around with this side lighting. After over a year my belief just keeps growing. I'm progressing slowly because I keep very low plant counts, but I don't expect to use other methods much except if growing squat indicas.

For now I've been testing on long vegged plants, but in the current run I have a 10 week green crack that really answered my questions on how a sativa that puts out lots of side branches would preform. My next tests will be limited to varieties with 200-500% stretch, to replace the long veg with a long flower.

With gen2 EB's priced so low it costs very little to put a few rounds of side lighting, and blueberry is a strain that keeps coming up when I'm looking at strains with violent branching and potential for filling space.

Why leave 75% of the tent empty. Go vert trees and you wont go back :lol:
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:56 am
You know I've been playing around with this side lighting. After over a year my belief just keeps growing. I'm progressing slowly because I keep very low plant counts, but I don't expect to use other methods much except if growing squat indicas.

For now I've been testing on long vegged plants, but in the current run I have a 10 week green crack that really answered my questions on how a sativa that puts out lots of side branches would preform. My next tests will be limited to varieties with 200-500% stretch, to replace the long veg with a long flower.

With gen2 EB's priced so low it costs very little to put a few rounds of side lighting, and blueberry is a strain that keeps coming up when I'm looking at strains with violent branching and potential for filling space.

Why leave 75% of the tent empty. Go vert trees and you wont go back :lol:
You definitely have an understanding of form factor which is the true advantage of led over every other lighting technology. Some of my first samples of the new range are comming to you as you get it, others won't understand it
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I'd love to go vertical but need to add some side lighting, ya news flash I know. In time would like to try that.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Girl Scout is traditionally a strain that strives under weaker lighting. For me cookies kush responded so well to minor side lighting that I messed up my next run, not realizing I should have added more power.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I went with SCROG and it worked out pretty well, on the home stretch with about 7 days - ish to go. For my setup on the side lighting I am tempted to just added some CFL into the center my plants as I had the center of the plant fairly wide open but with lower fan leaves. I could have cropped the tops again to get full canopy but I don't need excess amounts of weed that I won't use. Side lighting is iffy if its at 90 degrees to leaves, would be better at 45 degrees. With CFL the chances of light burn would be small.