What do you run in your 4x4?

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The price is good, I think you will be happy with performance, you may need to adjust nutrients for the led.
Do not by any means expect the performance of a genuine HLG. It's not a bad step in the right direction getting into leds though.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Czerp wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:51 pm
Haha wow you guys lost me a few posts ago. Basically this is what I planned on buying.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/620557203 ... 284fdj20hz

Comes to just under $500 shipped to my door. Just looking for something to replace my 600 watt hps, unless it's a bad idea and just keep using my hps. Sorry I don't have a huge knowledge in led but trying to understand 😀
Aloha & Is your 600w HPS dimmable? If you are not using CO2 supplementation you do not need 600w in a 4 x 4 . With too much light and heat the plants have difficult time using. I did a quick calculation and on a 4 x 4 I would run 600w HPS at 70%.
Last edited by Marine2143 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Cant really see much since it opens the phone view.

How many % of your paying price would be delivery fee? I calculated less then 200 euros for about 575w of 94% efficient meanwell driver and EB strip.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

From the way he is asking questions he just wants to buy a light. He doesn't want to be confused by Co2 and building thing he just wants to buy a light and hang the thing. I Maybe wrong and if I am complex discussions of Co2 are important but I thing this guy just wants to buy a light to replace his 600W HPS
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:35 pm
Cant really see much since it opens the phone view.

How many % of your paying price would be delivery fee? I calculated less then 200 euros for about 575w of 94% efficient meanwell driver and EB strip.
Aloha , My China friend said by air 25% by sea 10 to 12 % depending on USA location.
Czerp
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:55 pm
From the way he is asking questions he just wants to buy a light. He doesn't want to be confused by Co2 and building thing he just wants to buy a light and hang the thing. I Maybe wrong and if I am complex discussions of Co2 are important but I thing this guy just wants to buy a light to replace his 600W HPS
Correct TEKNIK! If I can gain anything using the the light in the link, I'd like to try it out. Figured led was more light for less watts, less heat etc. Would save me money on electricity each month if that's the case. I'm not running co2 so we can forget about that part. Just want better coverage and more efficient light. Thanks again guys
Czerp
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So for the setup I'm looking at, should I go with the driver it comes with, which is the hlg 480h 48b or upgrade to the hlg-480h-c2800b?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

What ever the manufacture reccomends as a dimmable driver is what you should use. I prefer 48V drivers over the high voltage type
Vividled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I can do a genuine hlg 550 kit for approx £550 but I'm in the UK unfortunately buddy. If you can buy the genuine hlg boards and slate sinks there and get the driver and bits cheap that would probably be your best bet.
The diodes are garaunteed top bin for both flux and voltage. And the sinks are deeper and far more efficient in my experience.
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey man, I would simply swap your 600HPS for 600w of LED, yes its no savings in power and upfront cost is a bit higher, do it once man do it right (you can always turn it down but I bet you half your first LED harvest you wont) I guarantee you will add at least 50% more to your yield if not double due to light spread and diffusion. Don't listen to the Jarhead and his CO2 rubbish, I'm running 1000ppfd without it no sweat, FWIW my yield tripled when I went from 660HPS to 1000w led in a 4.5 x 4.5.

Plenty of ways to it from strips to HLG boards or even the China copies god help us. Go for max boards / coverage running closer to the canopy than you are used to. Really, if you spend an extra 500bucks doing it properly than you budgeted but your yield is min 50% higher you are still in front after your first grow.

SenseiPrawn recommended me 50w/sqft, I followed his advice and have not looked back, at least allow for the expansion, but the surprise won't be as good. You only need to use about a third of this in veg so if you are used to vegging under a 600HPS power costs end up nearly the same....
FC