What do you run in your 4x4?

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Czerp
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I want to replace my 600watt hps with QB's. Was thinking 4 of the 288v2's but not sure on what driver to go with. I would like to have it equivalent to 1000 watt hps, with a dimming option. Any help would be greatly appreciated
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

You can not replace a 1000W HPS with 4 pcs of 288 boards and expect the same results.
Are you going to buy genuine or knock off like you mentioned in your other post?
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Czerp
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:52 pm
You can not replace a 1000W HPS with 4 pcs of 288 boards and expect the same results.
Are you going to buy genuine or knock off like you mentioned in your other post?
Possibly go with a kingbrite 550 they have but there's a handful of different combos and I'm not 100% on what is the best route. Doesn't necessarily be a 1000 watt hps replacement but at the very least outperform what I have now efficiently
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I really do not know what they have at kingbright
I would comment on a genuine HLG product but I don't want to give advice on knock offs as it maybe wrong. I deal a lot with China and small companies that deal direct for 1 off sales change things according to what they have kicking around in stock.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I will elaborate a little on why I do not like Chinese knock offs.

1st. reason, they all claim to use Samsung top bin LEDs, HLG I believe would purchase all the top bins from Samsung so there would not be any left over for the Chinese companies.

2nd. Pricing drops with LEDs when you are happy to purchase the lower bins of LEDs so this enables you to sell cheaper than the original company that they have copied, pricing of LEDs can be 5X cheaper if you use an inferior type and that leaves room for more profit margin even if you sell alot cheaper that the original.

3rd. As they will be using a lower bin that the genuine HLG product this can have an effect on your overall light output by upto 20%, They know in China that the average person can not test the light output so they do not care to sell you an inferior product because you can not tell the difference, even if you own a hand held spectrometer you can not tell the difference and work out the exact difference between a genuine product and something that performs 20% worse than the genuine product because in most cases you will not have a genuine product to compare it to.

4th. Warranty is something that HLG does very well, products can fail and HLG will give excellent customer service if a problem does occur.

5th. I really don't have respect for companies that need to make exact copies of a genuine product and the more people that support knock off companies the less money there is for product innovation from the original company.

Saying all that if your boards use enough electricity they will definitely grow plants and you will probably be happy, just know that you may have a much better result with a genuine product.
Czerp
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ok thanks for your feedback. I really can't justify spending $1400 on hlg so figured I'd try a kingbrite. I just heard lots of good things about them on reddit
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

No need for a system to cost $1400
You can get a good set up for alot less than that
What country are you in that charges that price if you don't mind me asking?
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Czerp wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 am
Ok thanks for your feedback. I really can't justify spending $1400 on hlg so figured I'd try a kingbrite. I just heard lots of good things about them on reddit
Here u go!
for 740$

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/c ... th-slate-5
Czerp
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Nice! Looks great and I like the price. But no dimming on that model?
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Czerp wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:13 am
Nice! Looks great and I like the price. But no dimming on that model?
Yes, it has dimming, but not included in the set...
U just have to buy a pot and connect to driver wires...