DWC and pythium

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hmmm, I have nice not chlorinated tap water coming at 170-210 ppm depend on time of the year.
So that 170-210 ppm would be most cal and mag if im correct... please correct me if I'm not.
This plant is today 1 week in a 12/12 zone... Peyote cookies... This would be a sick plant ... I can see it... and I can smell her potential... :D Temp is around 20-25 oC, RH is 45%, 850PPM, PH stable at 6... I have good air exchange + good air movement... Really I do not know what can be... Only thing I can see wrong on this plant is transpiration drops on leaves...
maby these rust spots are water drops light burning... Today I put a vent directly to a plant... we will see... :D
Attachments
IMG_1691.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1685.jpg
IMG_1684.jpg
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Those spots start forming right after flipping to 12/12...
Maby light stress? But middle leaves are affected... hmm...
TacticGuy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Osash78 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:13 am
Hmmm, I have nice not chlorinated tap water coming at 170-210 ppm depend on time of the year.
So that 170-210 ppm would be most cal and mag if im correct... please correct me if I'm not.
This plant is today 1 week in a 12/12 zone... Peyote cookies... This would be a sick plant ... I can see it... and I can smell her potential... :D Temp is around 20-25 oC, RH is 45%, 850PPM, PH stable at 6... I have good air exchange + good air movement... Really I do not know what can be... Only thing I can see wrong on this plant is transpiration drops on leaves...
maby these rust spots are water drops light burning... Today I put a vent directly to a plant... we will see... :D
Hm to say that the TDS is mostly calMag in tap water, i think is not entirely true based on what i have read at least and would depend on what your source of tap-water comes from, and what the waterplant does with it etc., if it goes through one, but don't take my word for it!

I would anyway try to lower base nutes a little (unless she can take higher ppm), and up about 100ppm of calMag, and see if new growth grows without the spots, when leaves mature a bit.
They look exactly as the spots i had, and it was resolved by upping calMag from about 100 to 200ppm, and my tap-water is 30ppm.

I have read about the theory of water droplets burning holes or marks in leaves, but i have never seen that happen, even when foliar spraying, so i doubt that is the case bro! I also read somewhere that it is not true, but you do the research! :)
Hope you get it figured out! 8-)
:ugeek:
TacticGuy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Looks like this right ?
and you said middle leaves right ?
:)
Attachments
Calcium.jpg
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

ponduzn wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 am
Looks like this right ?
Seem like this yea... I would change ress and add callmag...
I think she is hard feeder, so maby it is only to low nute for a 1200+PDF
Shee mooved from 300pdf to a 1200+pdf...
Tomorrow il do the job :D
U helped me, thank u!
TacticGuy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Osash78 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 am
ponduzn wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 am
Looks like this right ?
Seem like this yea... I would change ress and add callmag...
I think she is hard feeder, so maby it is only to low nute for a 1200+PDF
Shee mooved from 300pdf to a 1200+pdf...
Tomorrow il do the job :D
U helped me, thank u!
I'm pretty sure you are on the right track now yeah, and also i think you answered your own problem right there, cause my next question would have been if you had her under a weaker light prior to flipping her to 12\12, that explains it all!

Very happy i could be of assistance back to you!
Would love to hear an update of how it goes!
Best of luck bro! :)
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hey, I found one product rally good and cheap.
https://www.perfarelalbero.it/fertilizz ... &results=1

It is only Italian, I can not find in English... sorry...
It is like GreatWhite from plant success, it has the same bacteria like Hydroguard (Bacillus amyloliquefaciens)...
It is cheap as hell, only 24Eur for a kilo... and u need 2-5g for 10L of water...
It is a nice soup for root zone!!

Composition... Hope u can understand... :D
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 12.27.52.png
TacticGuy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thank you bro :)

Not sure if i can get that over here though!
I think i will try one more sterile run, and see if it works if i wait more patiently, then if it fails, i will try the bennies and enzyme route then!
Great to have different product to choose from to try out, so i appreciate the help :D
0 to 220
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Osash78 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:29 am

It is like GreatWhite from plant success, it has the same bacteria like Hydroguard (Bacillus amyloliquefaciens)...
It is cheap as hell, only 24Eur for a kilo... and u need 2-5g for 10L of water...

Dude, you are a legend
Finally I can buy this one at a normal price. I read a lot about it and it is supposed to be extremely effective. Hydroguard pricing is completely fucked up; the dilution rate is insane. I believe it has less than 0.1% Bac. A.
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

0 to 220 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:57 am
Osash78 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:29 am

Dude, you are a legend
Finally I can buy this one at a normal price. I read a lot about it and it is supposed to be extremely effective. Hydroguard pricing is completely fucked up; the dilution rate is insane. I believe it has less than 0.1% Bac. A.
Heh heh it took me about 5y to find this... and is not supposed to be for hydroponics...
But I just tried and it is perfect. Beside enzymes is the only additive that I start using.
1st day the water will be cloudy/milky, but the next day... crystal clear, with a nice root smell.
It is about 2 week that I have this... and it is amazing...
Only one downside in DWC/Hydro... It can clog stones or drippers as it will grow bennies on it... It happens on one of mine setup... That one with aquarium pump on it, and is not powerful enough so Funghi starts growing in the pores of stone...
But in the setup with a commercial pump, the stone is still clean after 2 weeks...