Help a newbie with an indoor/outdoor operation?

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
tomato
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi folks,

My plan is to grow 1 of each: thai eggplant, thai basil, lemongrass, thai pepper, pink ping pong tomato, better boy tomato in containers this summer with the plan to move them into indoors at the end of the season. I currently have no lighting at all, so I need to get something together asap to get transplants going (probably quite late for this, even in zone 4).

I have no idea what I'm doing really. Maybe this is an unrealistic dream.

I'm relatively handy, but there is so much information out there, and it is overwhelming. I'd like to keep costs for the lighting to a minimum, though with electricity at ~20 ¢/kWh here efficiency is a factor, which led me to your wonderful community. The room I'd be using to grow gets down to 60 F in the winter, so I assume I'll need a tent of some kind (maybe 3x2, assuming these are each in 5 gallon buckets?).

Can anyone here with experience offer some advice on a build? Maybe I could get away with 3x 100 watt strips, if that is even a thing that exists?

Thanks!!
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Different plants need different amounts of light intensity and rest periods
You will need to check what the daily lighting requirements are for the plants you want to grow.
Plants will generally grow under less than optimal lighting but you often sacrifice yeild.

Maybe focus on 2 plants that have similar light requirements first to experiment
Find me on Instagram led_teknik