Updating Lighting- Micro ~24 in x 16 in

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
sice
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ive been growing for about a year using screw in LEDs that you can buy anywhere. The highest I had found at the moment was 17.5W that replaced the usual 100W cfl bulbs. Before LED I had grown using florescent PLL lights. Flowering under florescents is possible and you get some quality stuff except the light has to be within 3 inches of the canopy.

When I moved on to screw in LEDs I got good results. The lights have to be close but not as close as flounced lights and the heat is about the same. I started reading some more about the latest alternatives in light since Ive been growing in small spaces for some time I was excited to see the results of COGS and particularly strips.

Im going to refresh my lighting and share the progress here as time goes on. Ive got 3 (Banana Punch x Sunset Sherbert) beans popping right now and 5 (Haze x Pacific Purple) seedlings coming along see pictures so you guys get an idea of the set up. These are great genetics so its all up to the lights and environment.

Im going to install

- Strips x12: EB Series Slim Gen 3 (~13.3 in x 0.5 in ) which would equal to about 222 watts.
- Driver : HVGC-240-1400AB or HLG-240H-20B

Im not sure if I understand completely but I believe the HVGC-240-1400AB will provide more Amps per strip which would mean a brighter light?

HVGC-240-1400AB Constant Current
Voltage - Output 85.7 ~ 171.4V
Current - Output (Max) 1.4A

HLG-240H-20B Constant Current, Voltage
Voltage - Output 10 ~ 20V
Current - Output (Max) 12A

Im trying to get the most out if the strips so hitting the max wattage is important since Im also trying to test the Grams Per Watt. If someone can correct me if the Strips and driver dont match I would appreciate it since this will be the first time I put LED strips with driver together.

I need to put the lighting of the top portion together also might stick 4 strips for a total of ~70 watts. To keep a mother and or clones rotating.

Might need a new carbon filter soon something smaller. Ill periodically update this post since Im looking for a keeper in the 3 Banana Punch.
Attachments
veg.flo..jpg
screwin.led.jpg
grow.space (1).jpg
banana punchx sunset sherbert.jpg
Last edited by sice on Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

In a 24*16" space, 222watts is going to be crazy bright.

Rule of thumb is 30-40w/sf, or ~106watts.
sice
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So Ive had some months to play see how the lights perform. So far they are really performing nicely.

I appreciate this whole site and without it I would not have been able to update my little grow area. The list from DigiKey is below. These are mixed colors to really hit them nicely.

- 976-BXEB-L0340U-35E0750-C-C3-ND (EB SLIM GEN 3 340MM) - 7 pcs
- 976-BXEB-L0340U-30E0750-C-C3-ND (EB SLIM GEN 3 340MM)- 2 pcs
- 976-BXEB-L0340U-35E0750-C-C3-ND (EB SLIM GEN 3 340MM) - 6pcs

Drivers :

HLG-185H-C1050B (bottom Cabinet) - 200 watt

XLG-75-H-AB (Top Cabinet) - 75 Watt

The 185H can run on full but I run it at around 80% power with a dimmer to keep temps low.

Ive attached some pics of the flowers that came out of this cabinet and just to update you guys on the possibilities. I will be attempting to build a 700watt unit in the coming week. Enjoy. :D . Genetics plays a big part of the bud structure but with the right lighting you get some very nice looking flowers. I feel these LED Strips are powerful enough and the slim profile makes it possible to run two strips together and get some really powerful rays of light hitting the cannopy

Pics show (Banana OG x Purple Punch) x (NBK x Sunset Sherbet) , (Triangle Kush x Gelatto) x (Zkittles) and some heirloom Hazes.
Attachments
lightset.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg