Foxtailing Would like some advice

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'm in the 7th week of flower with my (Nirvana Seeds) Aurora Indica. I've noticed that it's started to foxtail ( first for me). Most trichomes are still clear. I think it's just the genetics, rather than environment. The temperatures are in the mid 70s, humidity is between 35% and 50%.

Is it OK to just keep on going as is ? Any advice ?

Thanks-
foxtailsAI.jpg
foxtailsAI.jpg (591.02 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
THC413
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello!

In my experience that’s a good kind of foxtail! Right at the end of flower cycle, she will be ready within a week or two. Also just a recommendation look into some of the new information on tric head color and how the traditional technique of waiting for the heads to turn amber could be somewhat incorrect. I’ll search my IG feed and try to find the article about tric head color. That being said....

What kind of lights are you using? Color temp? Wattage? Distance from canopy? I’d try cutting back any blue light at all and dropping your lights just a bit and see if that helps. But more information on your light could rule out if its a lighting issue or not. But by the looks of that bud you’re doing great! 👍🏽✌🏽
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I had the same type of thing on a strain I ran.. ( we think it was sweet tooth from Barney's Farm or AK47 from serious seeds.. those were the two my buddy had and he mixed them up lol we didn't know which one we were running) but it had that really late chunky foxtails adding at the end of the run... they never stretched up much but added weight 😁. GML's death bubba shows that trait also..

if it's not the good type of foxtailing... the lower humidity could be the culprit.. im finding out running LEDs for a year now I do better when I sit around 80 degrees with 60% minimum humidity. this winter been hard keeping it up to 45% I haven't noticed any major tails yet... but they aren't happy with me this run 😄
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

THC413 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 pm
Hello!

In my experience that’s a good kind of foxtail! Right at the end of flower cycle, she will be ready within a week or two. Also just a recommendation look into some of the new information on tric head color and how the traditional technique of waiting for the heads to turn amber could be somewhat incorrect. I’ll search my IG feed and try to find the article about tric head color. That being said....

What kind of lights are you using? Color temp? Wattage? Distance from canopy? I’d try cutting back any blue light at all and dropping your lights just a bit and see if that helps. But more information on your light could rule out if its a lighting issue or not. But by the looks of that bud you’re doing great! 👍🏽✌🏽
Thank you

Yes - I’m not waiting for any significant number of ambers. I just don’t want too many to be clear.

Right now I’m using two “300 watt” cheap Galaxyhydro and Roleadro leds. Each pulls about 125 watts. They’re really close- when I measured I was shocked to find they were 9 inches from the canopy. I raised them a little.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:08 am
I had the same type of thing on a strain I ran.. ( we think it was sweet tooth from Barney's Farm or AK47 from serious seeds.. those were the two my buddy had and he mixed them up lol we didn't know which one we were running) but it had that really late chunky foxtails adding at the end of the run... they never stretched up much but added weight 😁. GML's death bubba shows that trait also..

if it's not the good type of foxtailing... the lower humidity could be the culprit.. im finding out running LEDs for a year now I do better when I sit around 80 degrees with 60% minimum humidity. this winter been hard keeping it up to 45% I haven't noticed any major tails yet... but they aren't happy with me this run 😄
Yes. Dry here. It helps that I have a thermostat hooked up to my fan. It dries out if the fan runs all the time. These foxtails are chunky. I was hoping for some purple, but none yet. It got pretty cold too during two power outages from Nor’ easters.
Maxxor
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Last edited by Maxxor on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I don’t really prefer indica, but I wanted to give this a try. I’ve let the lights out temperature drop, but not 15 degrees. Not yet. I have a few days left to do that.

The smell and stickiness is appealing on this one. As was the early sample I tried.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

That's the good foxtailin'
keep bulkin
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Grower wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 pm
That's the good foxtailin'
keep bulkin
Thanks- it’s bulkin’ up everywhere-
Maxxor
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Last edited by Maxxor on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.