A Bunch of Seeds

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'm starting the first crop in my new closet's dedicated veg space. My new strip light isn't done yet, but time's a wastin'. A very kind person gave me some seeds. Very exotic seeds that he bred himself, with very interesting heritage. It's way more exciting to try these than store bought !
I'm trying to get 5 females. I've got them soaking right now- along with ILGM's Trainwreck (feminized) that I grew last year and liked quite a bit. I'm starting a total of 9 seeds. I've never flowered more than 2 at a time, but with 9 sq feet instead of 4, I'm going to push the boat out a bit. I haven't tried regular seeds yet...
I'm giving them a soak, then into peat pellets for germination. I'm a little nervous about keeping track of each one.

I figure that I owe the donor a little documentation of the life of his seeds, so it starts here...
Is anyone else starting anything ?
Attachments
semillas.jpg
Fawkes420
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I'm planning a nice little grow in my 2x2 tent in a couple of months ( going away for work).
Going to grow 2 pots at a time.
The seeds i have are:
Spliff seeds CBD Medi Kush 6 pcs
Barneys Farm CBD Critical Cure 5 pcs
Humboldt Seed Blue Dream CBD 6 pcs

Well, guess i have to upgrade my tent soon ;)
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Nice ! I want to try a CBD strain soon. I always let the plants grow a little too long in my 2’x2’ tent - they got a little squeezed.
Maxxor
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Last edited by Maxxor on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humple
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:46 pm
I'm starting the first crop in my new closet's dedicated veg space. My new strip light isn't done yet, but time's a wastin'. A very kind person gave me some seeds. Very exotic seeds that he bred himself, with very interesting heritage. It's way more exciting to try these than store bought !
I'm trying to get 5 females. I've got them soaking right now- along with ILGM's Trainwreck (feminized) that I grew last year and liked quite a bit. I'm starting a total of 9 seeds. I've never flowered more than 2 at a time, but with 9 sq feet instead of 4, I'm going to push the boat out a bit. I haven't tried regular seeds yet...
I'm giving them a soak, then into peat pellets for germination. I'm a little nervous about keeping track of each one.

I figure that I owe the donor a little documentation of the life of his seeds, so it starts here...
Is anyone else starting anything ?
Tell us more about these seeds? What are the parent genetics?

I haven't popped any seeds in at least 6 months. Been running only clones, because I can't seem to get my cycle dialed in with just the right timing. Always taking cuts before I flower out a plant, but that leaves me with too many plants, so all my space is being used for keeping these genetics going. I really need a mom tent so I can put the brakes on the strains I've been running... Well, there is one that I intend to keep running regardless: HSO Black D.O.G. I have the feeling it will stay on deck for a long time (it's so damn good!!!).

I have Buddha's Blue Cheese and Bomb Seeds' Cluster Bomb and Ice Bomb waiting in the wings, so one of these days...
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

They are Sweet Pink Grapefruit (Reeferman) x Lebanese Hash Plant (Real Seed Co.) for one strain; a mix of Kali China x Orient Express ( from ACE) crossed with Lebanese Hash Plant for another.
So a mix of Indicas in one strain, and a mix of Indica and Sativa for the second. I'm trying to start 9 in hopes of getting 4-5 females. One of the seeds (Trainwreck) I started is feminized.
One of these days soon I will have to try making some seeds myself.
Tell us more about Back Dog !
Humple
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm
They are Sweet Pink Grapefruit (Reeferman) x Lebanese Hash Plant (Real Seed Co.) for one strain; a mix of Kali China x Orient Express ( from ACE) crossed with Lebanese Hash Plant for another.
So a mix of Indicas in one strain, and a mix of Indica and Sativa for the second. I'm trying to start 9 in hopes of getting 4-5 females. One of the seeds (Trainwreck) I started is feminized.
Black D.O.G. is a cross of Emerald Headband and Blackberry Kush. My keeper pheno turns dark purple by harvest time, and it's SUPER frosty, so once dried and cured, the buds look gray (white frost over dark flowers). Fat trichs stacked on fat trichs. Very low odor in flower, but after the cure there's a distinct fuel aroma that reminds me of Deathstar. The flavor is "dirt and lemons" (earthy and citrusy), which tastes absolutely amazing. It also happens to be the most potent strain I've smoked/vaped. (But take that with a grain of salt, because our own homegrown always seems stronger to us.) It has become my all-time favorite strain.

Edit: it's an indica-heavy strain, and works very well for my pain.
Last edited by Humple on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humple
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm
Sounds like you got some nice genetics going there! Lebanese hash plant should make it very interesting. I don't have an enormous wealth of experience, but the landraces (or landrace crosses) I've tried seem to have longer-lasting effects than most of the modern hybrids.
Humple
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Oh, and I must add that the reason I ordered Black D.O.G. seeds was SOLELY because it made me think of the Zeppelin song, and as they are my favorite band, I took the name as an omen that this was the strain for me. Worked out well!
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Black Dog sounds great. My veg space space is kind of short on height, but I’d like to find a way of keeping a mother in there.
Yes - the genetics of the strains that were given to me are very interesting and I’ve been told to look out for some wild phenotypes.
I’m still finding my way as I’ve only been growing for a year. In that time I have been able to do 4 harvests, one was outdoors, the rest in a tent. I’m dead set on trying something wild and Sativa from Ace- maybe a Panama or a Malawi.