microbes brands that have P mobilizing colonies in them????

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I'm looking for links or anything with what microbes are in what products... The big rage right now is Mammoth P!!! I refuse to pay that much for 1% microbes 2% alfalfa meal and 97% water when water is free for me and I already use alfalfa in my no-till.. their product is all about 4 phosphor mobilizing microbe colonies. here's the link I finally found that lists what is in it

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4911952/ (the list of microbes is a bit down there but article still a good read)

What I'm asking is does anyone use/know of any products that have those 4 or a couple of those 4 microbes in it??? I have some Rootwise mycrobe complete and it has one of the 4 (the Pseudomonas putida one) I would like to find just the microbes and not pay for label/water!!

Soil balance pro is another newer product.. I can't find what 63 types the have in it though.. anyone know???

thanks in advance 😁
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:39 pm
I'm looking for links or anything with what microbes are in what products... The big rage right now is Mammoth P!!! I refuse to pay that much for 1% microbes 2% alfalfa meal and 97% water when water is free for me and I already use alfalfa in my no-till.. their product is all about 4 phosphor mobilizing microbe colonies. here's the link I finally found that lists what is in it

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4911952/ (the list of microbes is a bit down there but article still a good read)

What I'm asking is does anyone use/know of any products that have those 4 or a couple of those 4 microbes in it??? I have some Rootwise mycrobe complete and it has one of the 4 (the Pseudomonas putida one) I would like to find just the microbes and not pay for label/water!!

Soil balance pro is another newer product.. I can't find what 63 types the have in it though.. anyone know???

thanks in advance 😁
I use recharge. It does not have the four species of bacteria in mammoth p. If youre familiar with the dude grows show podcast (highly recommended), its made by Scotty Real. Here is the list of stuff thats in there.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (91.77 KiB) Viewed 44401 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (118.73 KiB) Viewed 44401 times
Interesting report, especially since it appears in a journal, although it does read like an ad for Mammoth P. I dont doubt the results though, and in a no till situation, establishing and maintaining microbes is essential.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I saw Scotty on Tricky-d labs show (which is tonight at 9pm eastern) talking about recharge a few weeks ago.. also seen other tube growers use it... thanks for the pic.. it's pretty much same combos as the Rootwise (RW has a few extra ones like one of those P mobilizers ) I have atm.. maybe when that's gone ill try recharge :) I'm always trying different things.. because it always comes back to what works for you.. Something that works awesome for me might be a failure for others and vise versa.

pardon my Crappy tablet with Crappy camera 😁 That bag came from buildasoil.com 45 bucks for the smallest bag.. I like that recharge 1/3 price. either 8 oz of RW or 24 of recharge for 90 bucks 😁
Attachments
IMG_20170810_1906442_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170810_1906442_rewind.jpg (423.7 KiB) Viewed 44398 times
IMG_20170810_1906372_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170810_1906372_rewind.jpg (426.7 KiB) Viewed 44398 times
IMG_20170810_1907283_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170810_1907283_rewind.jpg (491.7 KiB) Viewed 44398 times
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Sounding like this could be 100% wrong, but when I was going to buy some Mammoth P, I asked the guy if it'd be okay to continue using Mykos (mycorrhizae).

He told me that's what it was...
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

yea technically they are the same.. you would be doubling up on some types of microbes.. but there might be a colony type that is in one but not the other. that's the pain in the butt part about choosing which to use. they all have different amounts of different types with some base types present in every product.

mycorrhiza a blanket statement for any fungal microbe that attaches to the root zone of a host plant pretty much.
Rootwise
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey there!

Thanks much for already trying my base Inoculant, Mycrobe Complete! Just to let you know, I am releasing a new inoculant, "Bio-Phos", specifically aimed at Phosphorus mobilization. It should be at Buildasoil early next week.

Keep in mind that soil biology works in many complex ways, constantly self-regulating through a process known as "quorum sensing". This is why diversity and balance are key when utilizing a biological program like ours. There are actually over 40 species in each of my inoculants, I list the core species to comply with labeling regulations and keep some as proprietary. So when comparing to other products, you are actually getting a much larger microbial dose. Following the 6 gram/cubic yard dosage, that 4 ounce pack will actually treat 18.5 yards of grow media! The new Bio-Phos is twice as concentrated and a 4oz pack will treat 36 yards of soil, 10,000/sqft of greenhouse surface or 1 acre of row crops!

One last note- just because the species known to mobilize Phosphorus are present does not necessarily mean they have all the tools to perform their functions efficiently. Each species relies on the complete chain reaction of many other microbes. For instance, on our Bio-Phos pack you will see one of the highest cfu/gm counts on Bacillus Megaterium. This is not specifically a "P" mobilizer but due to its copious production of enzymes, it aids the true "P" mobilizers in their duties. This is one reason why you see such huge diversity in my line of products. Hope that helps!!! Microbes are truly magical...
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

AWESOME!!!!! welcome to the forum Rootwise 😁 everything you said makes total sense with me. I went a little heavy on first application to my no till pots/bed then just hit it with the recommended refresh rate every other week( I throw labs on the off week) from what I see I'm happy 😁 my mother geo pot is blowing up because of it!!! I've also noticed my lil clones seem to fill up their cup with roots faster than when I used another microbe product in there.

lately I've been reading more about IMO's.. as most every no tiller will say local is always best!! but until I totally figure that out I will use Rootwise!!! maybe just add you bio-phos to my IMO's to get the best out of my gardens!! love your product because I'm not paying for 97% water 😁

cheers and again welcome to the forum!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

JGG - I meant to ask you: have you read or heard of the book Teaming with Microbes (Lowenfels & Lewis)?

I think it would be right up your alley. I bought it a month or two ago, but just haven't had the time to dig into it.

It even gets some coverage on RIU.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

yea I haven't picked it up yet... I need too!!! there's another book I'm thinking about also but I'm blanking on the name of it lol
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

There's at least 3 books in the "Teaming with..." series:
  • microbes
  • fungi
  • nutrients
Is that what you meant or something altogether different?