Looking for advice for my 1st build

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
VandalBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi,

I'm a newbie that got fascinated by the ledgardner youtube tutorials and decided to build my 1st led set of lights using HLG kits. All the information .however is a bit overwhelming for a beginner, so I seek some advice.

I end up ordering 2 QB288 V2 & SLATE 2 TRIPLE kits and a GROWLINK HYDROPODS DRIVER CONTROL MODULE from the HLG official website.
My idea is to build 2 dimmable lights, both controlled by the driver control module. Thus the questions:
1. Would that be possible given the specification of the driver control module?
2. What would be a suitable led driver? I was looking at the Mean Well HLG-320H-54B - a separate for each light.
3. What would be the best board setup? I read that if I use the HLG-320H-54B driver I need to link them in parallel.
4. Is there a better setup? What would be your recommendation?

Thank you in advance!

Stan
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Welcome to the forum!

I am pretty ignorant on meanwells and QB's but theres quite a lot of knowledgeable users around.

Not sure how much people know about the controllers in the mid-power led section. I do see people working on controller projects in the general section, you might get a quality response faster by sending a PM to some users who are discussing them.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If you look at the specs for the controller, max load 10A and recommended load 5A. Will you be wiring your drivers to 115v or 230v AC? If 115V then two hlg-320h-54 drivers will draw 7A combined, and on 230V 3.3A. So either you're totally fine (at 3.3A) or, eh, you're probably ok (at 7A).