New member wanting input on layout and boards

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
pointer80
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello all, new member here and i want to start by saying this site is exactly what I have been looking for! A lot of great info. I want to build a set up for a 4x4 tent and was going to use 288 boards either from HLG or Atreum lighting. I want to build a aluminum frame maybe 3.5x3.5 ft or a little more?, and was wondering how many 288 boards I should go with? I was thinking either 4 to 6 spaced out evenly on the frame. I would get the boards with the heatsinks. Any opinions on how many boards or how I should build? These boards are 120/watts each. Also does anybody know about Atreum lighting? How do they compare to HLG boards? What kind of warranty do they carry? Thanks everyone in advanced for any help.
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aloha & for a 4x4 you need about 480w. The HLG is setting the standard for white light horticulture.
pointer80
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Anyone else?
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

welcome to the forum first off..

I was responding one day but my 3yr had other plans and I forgot to come back to this 😄

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=56
my 4 board and 6 board upgrade in a 5x5 tent over a 4x4 scrog...

each of those boards at 100w- 120w will cover a 2x2.. the best placement would be to center a board in each 2x2 square of your 4x4... my 4 board was aligned this way

or you do what fits your needs like I did my 6 board upgraded.. I basically centered a board over where I set each pot.. it turns out that it's a heatsink apart of each other on a 38"x40" frame..

center it per sqft or center to your pots 😁 again welcome to the fun!
pointer80
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you so much guy's for the info. Looking forward to building a setup right after the New Year.