Any feedback on Atreum boards?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
pointer80
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello Everyone, I am getting ready to do a diy build of a lighting panel and wanted to get more info on the Atreum 288 boards. Anyone have any experience with them? curious how's the quality, warranty etc. Also how they compare to the qb288 by HLG? Thanks everyone.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Use the search tab.
There are numerous threads regarding atreum.

Same diods as HLG in most of their boards and they even use higher flux bin diodes on their 144.2 board.

And they are cheaper.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I have a luminaire made with Atreum boards. I used 4 of their 144.2 boards running on 2 Meanwell Hlg 120H 36B drivers; 2 boards in parallel per driver. As a disclaimer, I received one 144.2 for free to review from Mike at Atreum and decided to buy 3 more.
The square footprint is very nice for spread and intensity. I'll be putting up a better review next week after I get my Par meter back from a warranty issue.
Board Temps are a steady 41C on an aluminum frame but will likely run a bit warmer without a heatsink as the boards don't require one.
Spoilers: I'm happy with the product and ordered myself more for Xmas.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

41C temps on an aluminum frame meaning secured around the edges of the board or do you have it on a sheet of aluminum?
And that temp was measured while running at nominal I assume?
What was ambient temp?

I just picked up 3 for myself. I’m anxious to see how your PAR measurements go!
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hydrofood wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:22 am
41C temps on an aluminum frame meaning secured around the edges of the board or do you have it on a sheet of aluminum?
And that temp was measured while running at nominal I assume?
What was ambient temp?

I just picked up 3 for myself. I’m anxious to see how your PAR measurements go!
2x2' of1/8" sheet of aluminum. Saved me from being a marionette master when adjusting light heights. 41C is after being on at 100% for 12 hours with ambient temp of 25C and leaf Temps at 22.8C. All Temps measured with a laser.
This was designed to veg but the Ppfd is more than sufficient to flower a 3x3 with. So I will :)
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

That’s excellent! Sheet aluminum seems to do the trick just fine.
When you say maximum, what’s your amperage per board?
When it comes to your B type CV driver, does your voltage stick right at 36 or does it shift at all?
Iv only used type A but I’m curious about type B.
pointer80
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to more
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Have you had a chance to get some measurements of your boards?

Which PAR meter do you have?
I’d really like to get one myself.
Professor Xavier wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:02 pm
I'll be putting up a better review next week after I get my Par meter back from a warranty issue.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hydrofood wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:40 am
Have you had a chance to get some measurements of your boards?

Which PAR meter do you have?
I’d really like to get one myself.
Professor Xavier wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:02 pm
I'll be putting up a better review next week after I get my Par meter back from a warranty issue.
I made some initial measurements of my boards when they arrived but soon ran into problems with my PAR meter. I cheaped out and bought a Hydrofarm PAR meter for ~$200 CDN. It had problems with its battery but it seemed to work well when I benchmarked it against a LUX meter and used HLG's provided conversion ratios (or Growmau5's I don't remember) and found it was accurate.
I sent the PAR meter back and got a replacement after a long wait. The replacement I received had a poor connection to the sensor and locked itself out after trying to use it for the first hour. As such, I have some fairly good range ideas (enough to ensure my plants are healthy)but not hard data to share with you, which is why I haven't published it.
I have been using a lux meter since then, as with conversion, I can again calculate (with some error so within a range) approximately how much light they are getting.
You may see me save up for an Apogee 520 later this year to capture a wider spectrum with the tool, or take a peak at a low end Li-Cor. It's hard to justify a $500+ device though when you are getting 80%(wild guess of a number) of the precision from a $50 lux meter.
If you would like some readings in Lumens, I would be happy to provide them, as I have set up an open area testing area I was going to use for my PAR meter to gather real data. According to my local hydro store owner, I may be waiting a while for my Hydrofarm PAR meter, and TBH, I may tell Hydrofarm where to stick it to gain a refund after 2 LONG repair cycles and avoid getting a cheap product that will probably bring me more grief than utility.
I like data. I like hard numbers and empirical evidence. That being said, here's an opinion: My Atreum boards are performing. They run cool without active cooling and are comfortably 4" from the top of my canopy without light burn. The SPREAD from having all of these diodes at different angles piercing the canopy is hitting more lower flower sites than I am used to from more concentrated light sources. I'll be happy to provide harvest data in a few weeks to replace my opinion, and if I find another grower with a PAR meter I can borrow in the area, I'll run PAR tests too.
TL;DR - Hydrofarm PAR meters = bad, Atreum 144.2 boards = good and maybe even great (this is an opinion)
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Man that’s frustrating.
What bull crap. That’s not service at all. Send me a new fricken meter when I send the broken one in. That long wait period is ridiculous.

I would most definitely like to see the lumen data you’ve recorded.