Get uni-seals they said, it will be fun they said.

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

But isn't having identical clones on different nutrient regimens more comprehensive and conclusive? Maybe I misunderstood and you were doing just that, using multiple strains on multiple regimens. If so, that is genius.
Cheers!
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aloha & we did nutrient research using undercurrent systems too. The single systems are great for doing side by sides. You can DIY 5-27 gallon units on the cheap. We used Dr. Harry Mills Lab and tissue and solution analysis. http://www.mmilabs.com/index.html
Breed
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

WhiteRecluse wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:42 am
I've had the buckets bubbling in a test area for almost 24 hours now. I've resituated the buckets 4 or 5 times and so far so good. I've heard good things about them compared to bulkeads so that's why I went this route. Are you still using them Breed or did you go another route?
Breed wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:25 am
Uni-Seals bite. I used them my first grow and besides the ass kicking getting everything set up mine would leak if I bumped and moved a bucket around a little--
I went to bulkheads. I do use a small set up though where I can mix and match 5 gallon buckets. Four at the most with one reservoir. Uni-seals weren't awful and never caused a major problem. It was when I went to set them up a second time they were having trouble getting them not to leak. It would also leak during res changes if I moved the system a little after I filled it back up. It would be a minor drip and more of an nuisance than anything. I sleep better at night now knowing my uni-seal isn't slowly dripping.
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks for the reply. I was using the same old system for years with bulkheads and 3 gallon buckets. I loved it but would end up cutting the veg short because my roots would fill the bucket before I filled my space. I had a few leaks with bulkheads but could always make it stop by making them tighter.
Cheers!