colorful 512 led grow light panel with true full spectrum

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Intellectual property is a difficult subject. An introduction to IP would start with a sprinkle of history: old Europe is furious that America, and its intellectuals think they have the right to develop their country without paying a cut to the Europeans who's tech they were stealing, and who's books they would pirate. The position has so little relevance for todays west that it's disappeared from our radar, but the same applied to Finland when we gained independence 100y ago, and the same applies to current western allies who's development does not threaten us like China.

Another dimension that an introduction to property rights would touch on, would be the idea, that I as a small actor can defend against big competitors. Leveling the playing field. Then it would move on to real world numbers and examples where those with vast resources create vast portfolios of patents with the sole purpose of charging the true innovators a tax. It does not matter how deep you need to dive into this topic, everyone will finally find an example or point where they feel its just gone too far. Right now there is a secretive company that has received a patent that could lead to every hybrid weed-strain belonging to them. The dudes are silicon valley billionaires with no history in cannabis. Does anyone here feel all weed strains should belong to somebody?

It's a really difficult area in terms of morality, it makes for good debate. There is no doubt that IP has great potential as a positive force, but like any complex power matter it evolves quite far from where it begins. There is a lot of serious discussion on how IP has already changed from a force that increases creativity, to a force that hinders it. I've only dabbled with the subject.

In terms of leds it would seem the patents are elsewhere. It's been quite a while we are sticking stuff on PCB's, and I doubt we will be seeing any garage based start ups developing the next generation of LED diodes. The big companies who actually develop and manufacturer the tech treat it as a generic product, and the entire horticular lighting industry has yet to add anything significant to that tech. On the market side they add a lot of excuses justifying pricing, but what did they add to the tech?

100000 scientists, 500 lighting companies, and led strips designed for TV's beat them all. Since they can't accept the generic nature of what they are doing, most of the research is just geared at justifying a non-generic price point.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Can HLG not trademark the term Quantum Board?
Or are they not interested?
Or have they previously tried or in the process?

This thinking is brought to light at least weekly on the RUI DIY QB thread.
People who mention Chinese quantum boards are promptly shit on and told to leave.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I imagine they could have trademarked the term, but have never heard someone suggest they actually did. Perhaps they calculated that their money would serve them better if used in some other way :D

I have seen some comments form someone with HLG as their name in RIU that left me feeling the whole issue is not on their radar.

I generally avoid RIU and other such sites precisely because fuck boys dominate so much of the discussion. I think you don't need to have a degree in psych to understand the theory of compensation...

It's takes a certain level of humanity to understand how obvious compensatory behavior patterns are to anyone with a minimum of awareness.

99% of people getting emotional about HLG or the word quantum board have likely spent little time thinking about the underlying issues, or the principles involved. Did they even have an alternative name to suggest?
I think its mostly about nationalistic propaganda opening an avenue for virtue signaling, mainly based on large generalizations. Some can afford to pay premium for certainty and quality, and others put a lot of time and effort into saving every penny they can, likely because they have to.

It's like a rich person publicly making fun of a poor person feeding their kids non-organic vegetables. The less real value you have, the more tempted you will be to try to elevate your self by dragging others down with irrelevant externalities.

In general its hard to discuss divisive issues online. Emotion translates so crudely without the non-verbal que's we normally orient through. As a general rule emotion leads cognition: if you can identify an emotional element in an argument, you can almost assume the cognitive element is there just to justify the emotion. Further more emotion is social and cumulative, so it spreads along established patterns and accumulates over time. Spending too long in emotional pollution is contagious.

But perhaps we as a forum could take steps to advance reason and justice in the world, by popularizing some alternative term? At least in France they actually have committees to create new words in a top-down manner. Most of the world seems to accept that bottom up emergence leads the development of language.
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

For this board, it is already made, so, we can't change it by now, actually, we can make the board with 32pcs 450nm 64pcs 660nm and 48pcs 730nm, . and even we can put all 512pcs the middle power chips to lm561c , and put 6pcs Cree XPE or Samsung LM351H 450nm, 6pcs Cree XPE or LM351H 660nm and 6pcs xpe or lm351H 730nm,
grisbi wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:44 am
very nice job sir but
why to much complication sir :)
put off the uv and ir led, ( dont need that heat for iv on leaves and uv bulb are doing so much better work in my opinion)
the perfect pcb for veg and flow will be for me:

put me this nice board with 2 channel dimmable
- 1 channel with 368 white led:
lm 301b top bin 4000k
-1 channel dimmable with 144 monocolore led :
color for the mono's

blue
32 pcs 485nm

red
64 pcs 660
48 pcs 730

with this configuration sir, you keep your 512 led design pcb but increase your lm/w efficiency a lot on adding lm301b @4000k, they are a little bit more efficient are do very nice job for veg plant.
On adding 2 seperate channel, we will be able to make a flower boost on pushing hard the mono color channel :)

so we keep amazing lm/w and increase a lot the general cri of that pcb by renforcing the lack of spectre of the lm 301b @4000k with the 485/660/730 nm . they already have a ton of 450/620 nm on theire spectrum.
and the cool stuff is that you make a real good use of the emerson effect with a nice ratio 660/730 ;)
i let you the electrical part, you have lot of experience, i trust you ;)

if you can make those modification, you will see your spectrum will be almost following the macree curv and im pretty sure we all buy some pcb,
i will buy a lot of them :D
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

r2thk wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:45 am
For this board, it is already made, so, we can't change it by now, actually, we can make the board with 32pcs 450nm 64pcs 660nm and 48pcs 730nm, . and even we can put all 512pcs the middle power chips to lm561c , and put 6pcs Cree XPE or Samsung LM351H 450nm, 6pcs Cree XPE or LM351H 660nm and 6pcs xpe or lm351H 730nm,
grisbi wrote:
very nice job sir but
put off the uv and ir led, ( dont need that heat for iv on leaves and uv bulb are doing so much better work in my opinion)

lm 301b top bin 4000k
color for the mono's

blue
32 pcs 485nm

red
64 pcs 660
48 pcs 730

with this configuration sir, you keep your 512 led design pcb but increase your lm/w efficiency a lot on adding lm301b @4000k, they are a little bit more efficient are do very nice job for veg plant.
On adding 2 seperate channel, we will be able to make a flower boost on pushing hard the mono color channel :)

so we keep amazing lm/w and increase a lot the general cri of that pcb by renforcing the lack of spectre of the lm 301b @4000k with the 485/660/730 nm . they already have a ton of 450/620 nm on theire spectrum.
and the cool stuff is that you make a real good use of the emerson effect with a nice ratio 660/730 ;)

if you can make those modification, you will see your spectrum will be almost following the macree curv and im pretty sure we all buy some pcb,
hello sir!
cool to read your answer here, ive already try your 288board on lm301b, the work was really clean.

im really fan of the 3030/3535 package for white led and recently for mono's ( red/blue) since lm351H and new cree xpe2 , with those babyz we will finaly can achieve the 3umol/j. they are beast on red led, better dissipation.
so sir, you have the factory, make this board with only lm 301b + lm351H with separate channel!!!!!!
im pretty sure that everydoby would take it
we want simple stuff and efficient:

so tell us price for this bord with 2 channel dimmable
- 1 channel with 480 white led:
lm 301b top bin 4000k 80cri
-1 channel dimmable with 32 monocolore led :

red 660/730
20 pcs LM351H 660
12 pcs LM351H 730

you keep your 512 partern pcb with that configuration, and we will be almost @300w@100% but i advise to go@240w to be @75% of their power to aproach the 3umol/j

so sir, how much for that kind of board.?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:19 am
r2thk wrote:
grisbi wrote:
very nice job sir but

lm 301b top bin 4000k
color for the mono's

blue
32 pcs 485nm

red
64 pcs 660
48 pcs 730

hello sir!
cool to read your answer here, ive already try your 288board on lm301b, the work was really clean.

im really fan of the 3030/3535 package for white led and recently for mono's ( red/blue) since lm351H and new cree xpe2 , with those babyz we will finaly can achieve the 3umol/j. they are beast on red led, better dissipation.
so sir, you have the factory, make this board with only lm 301b + lm351H with separate channel!!!!!!

red 660/730
20 pcs LM351H 660
12 pcs LM351H 730

you keep your 512 partern pcb with that configuration, and we will be almost @300w@100% but i advise to go@240w to be @75% of their power to aproach the 3umol/j

Hi bro

I've been thinking a little on the potential of discrete red for bringing up the efficiency rate, but I feel I have yet to really understand what is optimal, or even how these reds need to be used to get a large difference in umol.

Don't we need to add quite a lot of red, and drive it quite soft to make a difference in our overall output?

How do we home into the sweetspot where we optimize our spectrum and maximize efficiency at the same time? And is there any data on the benefits and ratios of 660+ 730 vs just using 660?
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm
grisbi wrote:
r2thk wrote:

hello sir!

red 660/730
20 pcs LM351H 660
12 pcs LM351H 730

Hi bro

I've been thinking a little on the potential of discrete red for bringing up the efficiency rate, but I feel I have yet to really understand what is optimal, or even how these reds need to be used to get a large difference in umol.

Don't we need to add quite a lot of red, and drive it quite soft to make a difference in our overall output?

How do we home into the sweetspot where we optimize our spectrum and maximize efficiency at the same time? And is there any data on the benefits and ratios of 660+ 730 vs just using 660?
yes theire is lot of study about combine red/far red , and blue + red/far red. white spectrum on 4000k has lot of blue dont need to get more, and we are speaking about canabis cultivation, so we prefere provide better flowering, that why i wanted a special channel that can be turn on when its flower, with a big boost of 24/36w ofred/far red with those brand new crazy led! :D
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
r2thk wrote:
grisbi wrote:
very nice job sir but

lm 301b top bin 4000k
color for the mono's

blue
32 pcs 485nm

red
64 pcs 660
48 pcs 730

hello sir!

red 660/730
20 pcs LM351H 660
12 pcs LM351H 730

woo, Sir, this is total a new idea, by now, the difficult is very hard to get the LM351H chips. we ordered some LM351H 660nm chips, the lead time is 4weeks. the data of comparison of Cree xpe and LM351H , you can check my last topic. if you really want to make this, please email me: [email protected]
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

ok guyz! i ordered pcbs with 2 channel:
1st: with 288 samsung lm301b 4000k 80cri
2nd: with 12 x samsung lm351H 660nm

i wanted some 730 but , he hasnt stock on it yed :)

anyway with this bord, you can veg, and active the red led 3030 package for bloom :)
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

What made you settle on the quantity of red? Why not more or less?