colorful 512 led grow light panel with true full spectrum

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:48 pm
What made you settle on the quantity of red? Why not more or less?
i calculate than i wanted 1/4 of the total power with red for boost flowering, gonna decrease the global cri to 3000k exactly what i want for bloom; the board wil be 120w, so i neeed 12 led red, they will be 3w, but will turn them to max 2.5w. so i will be 30 w of red on adding with the white!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Ok, great, I was thinking you would kinda have to choose between optimizing efficiency and spectrum. I didn't realize they were that powerful.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:10 pm
Ok, great, I was thinking you would kinda have to choose between optimizing efficiency and spectrum. I didn't realize they were that powerful.
i choose the lm301b for they reliability and low cost price and nice perf! and the 4000k is very has very nice ratio blue/red for veg and excelent spec!
i wanted a board that can do everything easylee, veg and flo!
so 2 channel for me is the best solution, when bloom arrive you turn on the bloom red and the ratio gonna be really good like this and with the new samsung witch are much more efficient in term of dissipation and perf, its gonna be verrry nice :D

and the master plus is going to use illumi meshtek controler, with that awesome device youcan run both channel with one driver!!!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Nice, please let us know how it performs. So you work with any clone/ familiar strains that will allow you to see any immediate differences?

I do believe there might be a way to use the dedicated reds in veg too, hoping to get some to play around with. The dedicated reds create larger leaves and stem elongation. I didn't use any lights with discrete reds, but I've watched a few people who did, and felt the larger leaves come before the stem starts stretching. If I get some discrete reds I will be looking at supplementing for perhaps the first week when the plant is strong enough to go under high intensity lighting. Then either stop supplimenting before veg stretch emerges, or find a light recipe to counter the stretching.

Anyway almost always when I see plants that received early veg under discrete diodes, they look good.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:17 am
Nice, please let us know how it performs. So you work with any clone/ familiar strains that will allow you to see any immediate differences?

I do believe there might be a way to use the dedicated reds in veg too, hoping to get some to play around with. The dedicated reds create larger leaves and stem elongation. I didn't use any lights with discrete reds, but I've watched a few people who did, and felt the larger leaves come before the stem starts stretching. If I get some discrete reds I will be looking at supplementing for perhaps the first week when the plant is strong enough to go under high intensity lighting. Then either stop supplimenting before veg stretch emerges, or find a light recipe to counter the stretching.

Anyway almost always when I see plants that received early veg under discrete diodes, they look good.
i wont play with red for veg, i dont have so much place in my room, so i wanna packed plant ^^
but you can try yes ! ;)
i will tell you and put some picture when the board wills arrive!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

A friend just called and said he saw an interesting podcast where growmou5 and people from mayor lighting companies were present.

I could not find the discussion yet, but it seems HLG tried playing the 'evil chinese copy my products' card with very bad success. My friend said growmou5 just stated who were the real innovators and nobody had anything to say. Seems HLG has done exactly what they blame the Chinese for.

Supposedly the HLG guy was gloating on how fluence owns so many patents in the field that soon they will shit on all the chinese. One could almost assume he wished he had his own. Clearly the established players saw their position in the field as guaranteed by power rather then value to the market.

I'm eager to see how they are able to leverage their special position with samsung once there are 10-20% more efficient diodes available from elsewhere.
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm
grisbi wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:19 am
r2thk wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:45 am
For this board, it is already made, so, we can't change it by now, actually, we can make the board with 32pcs 450nm 64pcs 660nm and 48pcs 730nm, . and even we can put all 512pcs the middle power chips to lm561c , and put 6pcs Cree XPE or Samsung LM351H 450nm, 6pcs Cree XPE or LM351H 660nm and 6pcs xpe or lm351H 730nm,

hello sir!
cool to read your answer here, ive already try your 288board on lm301b, the work was really clean.

im really fan of the 3030/3535 package for white led and recently for mono's ( red/blue) since lm351H and new cree xpe2 , with those babyz we will finaly can achieve the 3umol/j. they are beast on red led, better dissipation.
so sir, you have the factory, make this board with only lm 301b + lm351H with separate channel!!!!!!
im pretty sure that everydoby would take it
we want simple stuff and efficient:

so tell us price for this bord with 2 channel dimmable
- 1 channel with 480 white led:
lm 301b top bin 4000k 80cri
-1 channel dimmable with 32 monocolore led :

red 660/730
20 pcs LM351H 660
12 pcs LM351H 730

you keep your 512 partern pcb with that configuration, and we will be almost @300w@100% but i advise to go@240w to be @75% of their power to aproach the 3umol/j

so sir, how much for that kind of board.?
Hi bro

I've been thinking a little on the potential of discrete red for bringing up the efficiency rate, but I feel I have yet to really understand what is optimal, or even how these reds need to be used to get a large difference in umol.

Don't we need to add quite a lot of red, and drive it quite soft to make a difference in our overall output?

How do we home into the sweetspot where we optimize our spectrum and maximize efficiency at the same time? And is there any data on the benefits and ratios of 660+ 730 vs just using 660?
like this , with 660nm and 730nm
Attachments
lm301b 3000K sk plus cree xpe660nm and 730nm.jpg
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

r2thk wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:49 am
unkle_psycho wrote:
grisbi wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:19 am

hello sir!
cool to read your answer here, ive already try your 288board on lm301b, the work was really clean.

im really fan of the 3030/3535 package for white led and recently for mono's ( red/blue) since lm351H and new cree xpe2 , with those babyz we will finaly can achieve the 3umol/j. they are beast on red led, better dissipation.
so sir, you have the factory, make this board with only lm 301b + lm351H with separate channel!!!!!!
im pretty sure that everydoby would take it
we want simple stuff and efficient:

so tell us price for this bord with 2 channel dimmable
- 1 channel with 480 white led:
lm 301b top bin 4000k 80cri
-1 channel dimmable with 32 monocolore led :

red 660/730
20 pcs LM351H 660
12 pcs LM351H 730

you keep your 512 partern pcb with that configuration, and we will be almost @300w@100% but i advise to go@240w to be @75% of their power to aproach the 3umol/j

so sir, how much for that kind of board.?
Hi bro

I've been thinking a little on the potential of discrete red for bringing up the efficiency rate, but I feel I have yet to really understand what is optimal, or even how these reds need to be used to get a large difference in umol.

Don't we need to add quite a lot of red, and drive it quite soft to make a difference in our overall output?

How do we home into the sweetspot where we optimize our spectrum and maximize efficiency at the same time? And is there any data on the benefits and ratios of 660+ 730 vs just using 660?
The spectrum is very nice. There is something I wanted to ask you...

I noticed that seoul semiconductor has put out the HE-Line strips which are more efficient then the samsung lm301b strips... especially at 3000k. Have you looked into the diodes they are using? Also is there a reason nobody is making pure red strips? This would allow users to decide for themselves how much red they want to add...
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 pm
A friend just called and said he saw an interesting podcast where growmou5 and people from mayor lighting companies were present.

I could not find the discussion yet, but it seems HLG tried playing the 'evil chinese copy my products' card with very bad success. My friend said growmou5 just stated who were the real innovators and nobody had anything to say. Seems HLG has done exactly what they blame the Chinese for.

Supposedly the HLG guy was gloating on how fluence owns so many patents in the field that soon they will shit on all the chinese. One could almost assume he wished he had his own. Clearly the established players saw their position in the field as guaranteed by power rather then value to the market.

I'm eager to see how they are able to leverage their special position with samsung once there are 10-20% more efficient diodes available from elsewhere.
should be on the last mastergrowlevel show, growmau was invited by him, have to watch that, thank you!
few chineese compagny are doing reeally good job, and they start to get nice chip ( i asked them to get some nichia 757/cree xpe2 stock , and its gonna happen ;) )
i would toknow which patents fluence has?? they didnt invent strips , they didnt invent mixed spectrum, even quantum board didnt invent led pcb :)
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:40 am
r2thk wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:49 am
unkle_psycho wrote:

Hi bro

The spectrum is very nice. There is something I wanted to ask you...

I noticed that seoul semiconductor has put out the HE-Line strips which are more efficient then the samsung lm301b strips... especially at 3000k. Have you looked into the diodes they are using? Also is there a reason nobody is making pure red strips? This would allow users to decide for themselves how much red they want to add...
have to check the seoul semiconductor, i remember that they were doing purple coating chips, they were very good on high cri, but unfortunatly the ppfd was miserable , those stuff was made for photography, if you can fing me spec of those strips we will examine together :)
cheers